40 ' Auto Boxcars

armprem

I am looking for a kit for a 40'steel Autobox.Something to use as a
starting place for several different roads.Any suggestions?Armand Premo

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Armand Premo asked:
"I am looking for a kit for a 40' steel Autobox. Something to use as a
starting place for several different roads. Any suggestions?"

How about letting us know which roads you want to model instead of
forcing us to pull a Carnac the Magnificent to give you an answer?

Ben Hom

al_brown03

Red Caboose 8500/8501, with W or square corner posts respectively. Both
available from RC as kits last time I checked (1/08 price list).

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "armprem1" <armprem@...> wrote:

I am looking for a kit for a 40'steel Autobox.Something to use as a
starting place for several different roads.Any suggestions?Armand
Premo

Jim & Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

Sunshine makes a bunch of 40' autocars, both wood side and steel sided. Go
to www.sunshinekits.com <http://www.sunshinekits.com/> , click on Flyers by
RR, then scroll down the page looking for the word autocar.

Jim Hayes

Portland Oregon

__

Checked by AVG.
7:20 AM

al_brown03

Accurail 3600 series, too.

Ted Culotta has an article on these cars in PRM 2.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Lisa Hayes"
<jimandlisa97225@...> wrote:

Sunshine makes a bunch of 40' autocars, both wood side and steel
sided. Go
to www.sunshinekits.com <http://www.sunshinekits.com/> , click on
Flyers by
RR, then scroll down the page looking for the word autocar.

Jim Hayes

Portland Oregon

__

Checked by AVG.
6/16/2008
7:20 AM

Bill Schneider <branchline@...>

I would also put in a plug for one of Ted's own kits - http://www.speedwitch.com/Models/kc104.htm

Of course, I might be biased - he started with a pretty nice set of plastic parts... :>)

Bill Schneider

<jimandlisa97225@...> wrote:

> Sunshine makes a bunch of 40' autocars, both wood side and steel
sided. Go
> to www.sunshinekits.com <http://www.sunshinekits.com/> , click on
Flyers by
> RR, then scroll down the page looking for the word autocar.
>
> Jim Hayes
>
> Portland Oregon
>
> __

> Checked by AVG.
6/16/2008
> 7:20 AM

jerryglow2

The PRRPro group just finished up on what might have been their best
subject car as far as participation and interest - the Bowser X31 cars.
There are several variation offered by Bowser plus the fact that there
were a few other owners.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "armprem1" <armprem@...> wrote:

I am looking for a kit for a 40'steel Autobox.Something to use as a
starting place for several different roads.Any suggestions?Armand
Premo

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

Agreed in both cases but with Armand being a Rutland/CV/CNR
modeler he can acquire a car seen more often in such use by using an
Accurail #4000 series and our Standard Car Co. #5000 1/2 Door Add-On
Kit. This item was based on Richard Hendrickson's article on such a
conversion to acquire a GTW 1 & 1/2 door auto car in RMJ how many
years ago? These cars were used in auto service into New England,
mostly by Ford it appears, and some were later converted for the
shipment of engine blocks to various Ford assembly plants. In the era
in question that also would have included the Somerville, Mass. plant
with a GTW-CV-B&M car routing.

Those interested can view the results by going to
www.newenglandrail.com, clicking on "products" and scrolling to the
bottom of the page. Anyone on this list should have little or no
trouble making good use of the kit. It should also be noted that I am
still looking for a potential steel sheathed prototype to offer such
a kit for a steel 1/2 door add-on. Any suggestions?

Don Valentine

<jimandlisa97225@> wrote:

> Sunshine makes a bunch of 40' autocars, both wood side and
steel
sided. Go
> to www.sunshinekits.com <http://www.sunshinekits.com/> , click
on
Flyers by
> RR, then scroll down the page looking for the word autocar.
>
> Jim Hayes
>
> Portland Oregon
>
> __

> Checked by AVG.