Clinchfield 40' Gondola

golden1014

Gentlemen,

I'm beginning construction on a Sunshine HO scale Clinchfield 40' high-
side gondola with round ends. The instructions are pretty weak, and I'm
in need of a prototype photo or two to make sure I get things right. If
anyone has any prototype photos you could send me (or post to the group
site) I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to have it completely
built up by tomorrow night. Thanks very much for whatever help you can
provide.

Yours Very Truly,
John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

Richard Hendrickson

On Jul 28, 2008, at 8:21 AM, John Golden wrote:

Gentlemen,

I'm beginning construction on a Sunshine HO scale Clinchfield 40'
high-
side gondola with round ends. The instructions are pretty weak, and
I'm
in need of a prototype photo or two to make sure I get things
right. If
anyone has any prototype photos you could send me (or post to the
group
site) I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to have it completely
built up by tomorrow night. Thanks very much for whatever help you can
provide.

John, I have both builder's photos and an in-service shot and will
attach them to an off-list e-mail message.

Richard Hendrickson

golden1014

Doc,

You've saved me once again--thanks so much. That six-pack of beer I
owe you has turned into a case.

John

John Golden
On the Road in Little Rock, AR

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
wrote:

[...]

water.kresse@...

Where did these 40 ton gons deliver coal to? If up to Lake Erie, ehich docks?

Al Kresse

From: "John Golden" <golden1014@yahoo.com>
Gentlemen,

I'm beginning construction on a Sunshine HO scale Clinchfield 40' high-
side gondola with round ends. The instructions are pretty weak, and I'm
in need of a prototype photo or two to make sure I get things right. If
anyone has any prototype photos you could send me (or post to the group
site) I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to have it completely
built up by tomorrow night. Thanks very much for whatever help you can
provide.

Yours Very Truly,
John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

ATSF1226

Al,
The Clinchfield sent most of it's Coal south to Spartanburg,SC where
it interchanged with the SAL and Southern RR's. It also interchanged
Coal loads with N&W at St. Paul, VA, C&O at Elkhorn City, KY,
Southern at two other points. Johnson City, Tn and Marion, NC. A lot
of C&O coal moved south from Elkhorn City via Cliinchfield trains.

George A Walls

From: "John Golden" <golden1014@...>
Gentlemen,

I'm beginning construction on a Sunshine HO scale Clinchfield 40'
high-
side gondola with round ends. The instructions are pretty weak, and
I'm
in need of a prototype photo or two to make sure I get things
right. If
anyone has any prototype photos you could send me (or post to the
group
site) I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to have it completely
built up by tomorrow night. Thanks very much for whatever help you
can
provide.

Yours Very Truly,
John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

water.kresse@...

Georege,

I believe I saw a tracks-worth cut of Clinchfield hops in a mid-50s C&O PR pix of the Kenova Ohio River barge loading facility yard next to the Traux-? dumper (naturally along with mostly C&O hops).

Al Kresse

From: "John Golden" <golden1014@...>
Gentlemen,

I'm beginning construction on a Sunshine HO scale Clinchfield 40'
high-
side gondola with round ends. The instructions are pretty weak, and
I'm
in need of a prototype photo or two to make sure I get things
right. If
anyone has any prototype photos you could send me (or post to the
group
site) I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to have it completely
built up by tomorrow night. Thanks very much for whatever help you
can
provide.

Yours Very Truly,
John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

ATSF1226

No doubt, Al. You could probably find Clinchfield hoppers in any of
the major coal road yards and trains. The CRR functioned as a major
bridge route for several different roads as well as having it's own
on-line coal facilities.

George A Walls