brand new cars for the most part.

From: "Charlie Duckworth" <trduck@cox.net>
I have a 1937 boxcar ready to paint plus Greg Komar's excellent dry
transfers, what your guys recommendations for a M&StL green for the
boxcar?

Thanks - Charlie

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

I use Floquil Warehouser(wrong spelling) Green with maybe a drop or
two of dark blue added.

Clark Propst

Gene Green <bierglaeser@...>

One must be careful when trying to replicate the M&StL's green. The
original(fresh, clean, unweathered) was green towards the blue end of
the spectrum. Weathered it was anything but green with a hint of blue.

The CNWHS's custom run of 37 AAR box cars was right for a freshly
painted car.

Gene Green

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, timboconnor@... wrote:

Charlie

I would say C&NW green w/ a wee bit of yellow added. Or start w/
Pullman Green and add C&NW green to it... But then, I don't model
brand new cars for the most part.

From: "Charlie Duckworth" <trduck@...>
I have a 1937 boxcar ready to paint plus Greg Komar's excellent dry
transfers, what your guys recommendations for a M&StL green for the
boxcar?

Thanks - Charlie

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

Charlie, What type of box car are you using?
Clark Propst

Charlie Duckworth <trduck@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "rockroll50401" <cepropst@...> wrote:

Charlie, What type of box car are you using?
Clark Propst
Undec IMWX 1937 boxcar.

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Duckworth" <trduck@...> wrote:

Undec IMWX 1937 boxcar.
Gene can step in anytime here, but for my limited knowledge on these
repaints most of those cars repainted were from the 53000 series with
Youngstown doors. I've only ever seen a few poor photocopies of these
cars. They weathered to a pea green (At least in the photos)some? had
black ends, don't know about the roofs. I have a good slide of a
freshly repaired and repainted 1000 series aluminum car in green
paint. It is the darker green with black ends and roof. The Peoria
Gateway slogan was also at more of a till on the repaints.
Hope this is of some help?
Clark Propst

Douglas Harding <dharding@...>

I sent Charlie a color photo of M&StL boxcar 4844, in fresh green paint, off line. But can't help on what color to use, I model
1949 and the green paint was not used until 1953.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org

Jim & Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

Clark Propst's article, "Modeling those green M&St.L boxcars" in the Feb.
'08 RMC is a good source for tips on modeling these cars.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon

6:39 AM

Douglas Harding <dharding@...>

Clark's article in RMC included the color photo I have.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org

Tim O'Connor

Doug

I have that scan too; the car is stenciled 3-52

At 8/1/2008 05:37 PM Friday, you wrote:
I sent Charlie a color photo of M&StL boxcar 4844, in fresh green paint, off line. But can't help on what color to use, I model
1949 and the green paint was not used until 1953.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org

Douglas Harding <dharding@...>

Sorry Tim, got my dates wrong. Clark's article has the correct info.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org