From: charmantas
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 5:18 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Side Grabs--MILW Rib Side Box Cars

I posted on this subject in messages 36723 and 41497. There are also
photos in the STMFPH group (Steam Era Freight Cars Group Photos)
labeled "Side-Grabs I" and "Side-Grabs II". These links below might work:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8CSTSITaxxbW2bzHbf0gSGjd296ovvfQdO0gNWUsqiDY5hFTk4bK1ELx60oVp-OmdyGThgwLb2ZcfFOVYGiW1pmIr9JuX4dgQQ/Side-Grabs-I.jpg

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8CSTSCx14vPW2bzH9UHWU_V_czKKB85qZYtV-MSDUT0FBcEMmHB84RErr0MvKxIYnwV2DHOfAZvxPzX74RQ5B7Mwi7q3Gvr0lw/Side-Grabs-II.jpg

It looks like to me that a piece of "Zee-Bar" stock, tapered, is used
for the bracket, with a straight rod used for the grab.

Charles Harmantas

Schuyler Larrabee

My system didn't like the long link, but if you go to this page (or get there via the home page for
STMPH) the two photos are about 3/4 of the way down the listing.

SGL

Can't seem to get the links to work. Photo still there?

Staffan Ehnbom