Looking for IN THE FIELD pix of C&O 91-ton gons

al.kresse <water.kresse@...>

Folks,

I'm looking for pictures of C&O 100000-100999 series high capy gons in
the yards, in the coal fields, or at the coal docks taken between 1921
and 1946. I have builders and tech journal prints plus Raceland AMC
May 1931 repaint photos already.

Al Kresse

Eric Hansmann

Al Kresse wrote:

I'm looking for pictures of C&O 100000-100999 series high capy gons in
the yards, in the coal fields, or at the coal docks taken between 1921
and 1946. I have builders and tech journal prints plus Raceland AMC
May 1931 repaint photos already.

============================

Al,

I did a quick scan at the West Virginia & Regional history on-line collection here:
http://images.lib.wvu.edu/cgi/i/image/image-idx?page=index;c=wvcp;g=wvcart

I only searched using 'Tipple' as a parameter. I noted C&O gons in several images, but none
from the series you requested. I only did a quick check. You may want to peruse this archive
with more diligence.

Eric Hansmann
Morgantown, W. Va.

water.kresse@...

Eric,

Thanks. I went through a goodly portion of the images searched under railroad and coal. Mostly 50-ton hops and gons. It would be interesting to know which plants these larger cars were pushed/pulled up to and loaded.

Al Kresse