ADMIN: Digest

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

A slight warning about using the digest system. Often a member using the digest does not, apparently, see an ADMIN message that, for example, might terminate or note that a thread has moved out of scope. In the past some members have had to spend the night in Moderate Jail...being innocently caught up in a policing activity. Oddly, the STMFC must operate in a perpetual winter...the nights being rather long <G>.

Mike Brock
STMFC Owner

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Well Mike, knowing that I'm one of the former jailees that you've mentioned, maybe a grace period of one digest would be in order. This list has unreasonable volume to get individual messages.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478

Walter M. Clark

--- In STMFC@..., Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...> wrote:

Well Mike, knowing that I'm one of the former jailees that you've
mentioned, maybe a grace period of one digest would be in order. This
list has unreasonable volume to get individual messages.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478

I read and post on the Yahoo website. That way I get to the group
when I want to and don't have the messages, or even the digests, build
up in my in box until I can devote some time to this group. Works for
me, YMMV.

Time stopped in November 1941
Walter M. Clark
Pullman, Washington, USA