DTI trucks

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

I have 5-6 of the DT&I cars located nearby some still have those trucks. I
posted some photos to the list years ago 2004 but removed them later.
Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

Tim O'Connor

Brian

You may not be aware but the earliest version of those trucks
I've seen were cast in 1934 by ASF, while the DT&I cars were
built (with different castings from unknown foundry) in 1949.
So someone had the coil-leaf-coil trucks before DT&I. (Or they
were applied to some other DT&I cars.)

Tim

At 8/17/2008 02:43 PM Sunday, you wrote:
I have 5-6 of the DT&I cars located nearby some still have those trucks. I
posted some photos to the list years ago 2004 but removed them later.
Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>

N&W used them on at least its B-1, B-2 and B-3 boxcars. Drawings are available from NWHS here:

http://nwhs.org/archivesdb/listdocs.php?index=rs&id=1980

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

You may not be aware but the earliest version of those trucks
I've seen were cast in 1934 by ASF, while the DT&I cars were
built (with different castings from unknown foundry) in 1949.
So someone had the coil-leaf-coil trucks before DT&I. (Or they
were applied to some other DT&I cars.)

Tim

At 8/17/2008 02:43 PM Sunday, you wrote:
>I have 5-6 of the DT&I cars located nearby some still have those trucks. I
>posted some photos to the list years ago 2004 but removed them later.
>Brian J Carlson P.E.
>Cheektowaga NY

Tim O'Connor

Brian sent me a great photo of a 3rd sideframe with these
springs -- This one is a Buckeye casting (circle-B foundry
mark)... very interesting. Anyone know who besides DT&I had
trucks like this?
Tim O'

Tim: I attached a photo of the truck and car. I don't know what DTI series
this car was in besides I was a 60-early 70's repaint. Brian I copied you
since it is a truck.

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY
You may not be aware but the earliest version of those trucks
I've seen were cast in 1934 by ASF, while the DT&I cars were
built (with different castings from unknown foundry) in 1949.
So someone had the coil-leaf-coil trucks before DT&I. (Or they
were applied to some other DT&I cars.)

Tim

At 8/17/2008 02:43 PM Sunday, you wrote:
I have 5-6 of the DT&I cars located nearby some still have those trucks.
posted some photos to the list years ago 2004 but removed them later.
Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

Brian Leppert <b.leppert@...>

Tim,

Here's some railroads I know of that used the double truss coil-
elliptic sprung 40 and 50 ton trucks, with or without spring planks:

C&O, CGW, WM, BAR and Erie used them on some or all of their 1932 ARA
box cars.

N&W, DT&I and Virginian had them on all of their round roof box cars.

DT&I, Erie, CGW, WM and L&NE all had various other cars equipped with
this truck.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

Brian (Carlson) sent me a great photo of a 3rd sideframe with these
springs -- This one is a Buckeye casting (circle-B foundry
mark)... very interesting. Anyone know who besides DT&I had
trucks like this?
Tim O'

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

Add PRR to the list.