Battleship Gons trucks

Charles Hladik

Al,
A couple of folks I know that have built these have used the old Cape
Line Pilchner Patent truck. These are now available from Bethlehem Car Works, I
believe.

Chuck Hladik
Rutland Railroad
Virginia Division
NMRA L5756

Read reviews on AOL Autos.

water.kresse@...

Folks,

In reseaching the C&O, N&W and Virginian high capacity gons, of the late-teens and early-twenties, one see a great number of experimental 6-wheel trucks being "tried" : ASF Lewis, ASF Equalizing Arm, ASF Lemont, Buckeye, etc. Do we have any of these covered in HO scale for the modeler to "kit bash" a body on. The C&O's 1941-1942 WW2 125-ton flat car trucks might be close enough for a potion of the early VGN 120-ton cars and their upgraded 105-ton Virginian cars.

Al Kresse

Westerfield <westerfield@...>

Al - C&O battleships can reasonably be modelled from Buckeyes. N&W early battleships used Pilchers which are available from Bethlehem Car Works. The Lewis trucks are unlike anything on the market but are simple enough to scratch build. - Al Westerfield

Jared Harper <harper-brown@...>

--- In STMFC@..., " Westerfield" <westerfield@...> wrote:

Al - C&O battleships can reasonably be modelled from Buckeyes. N&W
early battleships used Pilchers which are available from Bethlehem Car
Works. The Lewis trucks are unlike anything on the market but are
simple enough to scratch build. - Al Westerfield

The Lewis trucks were offered separately in brass by NWSL some years
ago. You may find some if you look.
Jared Harper
Athens, GA