USRA 100-ton gondola car proposal

al.kresse <water.kresse@...>

Folks, I'm told that the USRA floated out a proposal for a 100-ton high
capacity flat car and that it was published in a CBC or journal. Does
anyone have a copy of the support for the proposal and the GA drwg or
how detailed it got being floated out for response and later voting?
Or did it even exist?

The C&O, N&W, and Virginian (and maybe Pennsy) were serious about these
specialized cars built for rotary dumpers.

Al Kresse

al_brown03

What would be loaded on a flat car, that would be removed using a
rotary dumper? I'll confess to confusion.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "al.kresse" <water.kresse@...> wrote:

Folks, I'm told that the USRA floated out a proposal for a 100-ton
high
capacity flat car and that it was published in a CBC or journal.
Does
anyone have a copy of the support for the proposal and the GA drwg or
how detailed it got being floated out for response and later voting?
Or did it even exist?

The C&O, N&W, and Virginian (and maybe Pennsy) were serious about
these
specialized cars built for rotary dumpers.

Al Kresse

water.kresse@...

Ooops, title said gon but text said flat car (I just sent off a WW2 flat car article to my editor) >> yes FB GONDOLA

Al Kresse

From: "al_brown03" <abrown@fit.edu>
What would be loaded on a flat car, that would be removed using a
rotary dumper? I'll confess to confusion.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "al.kresse" <water.kresse@...> wrote:

Folks, I'm told that the USRA floated out a proposal for a 100-ton
high
capacity flat car and that it was published in a CBC or journal.
Does
anyone have a copy of the support for the proposal and the GA drwg or
how detailed it got being floated out for response and later voting?
Or did it even exist?

The C&O, N&W, and Virginian (and maybe Pennsy) were serious about
these
specialized cars built for rotary dumpers.

Al Kresse

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Al,

TSC #9 has plans for a "U.S.R.A. Standard All-Steel 100-Ton Gondola Car" on pages 986-7

To my knowlege, this car class was never built.

- Claus Schlund

From: "al_brown03" <abrown@fit.edu>
What would be loaded on a flat car, that would be removed using a
rotary dumper? I'll confess to confusion.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "al.kresse" <water.kresse@...> wrote:

Folks, I'm told that the USRA floated out a proposal for a 100-ton
high
capacity flat car and that it was published in a CBC or journal.
Does
anyone have a copy of the support for the proposal and the GA drwg or
how detailed it got being floated out for response and later voting?
Or did it even exist?

The C&O, N&W, and Virginian (and maybe Pennsy) were serious about
these
specialized cars built for rotary dumpers.

Al Kresse

Rich Yoder

I recently imported this one in "O" scale.

Sincerely, Rich Yoder
7 Edgedale Court
Wyomissing PA 19610-1913
610-678-2834 after 6:00PM est until 10:00PM
www.richyodermodels.com

From: "al_brown03" <abrown@fit.edu>
What would be loaded on a flat car, that would be removed using a
rotary dumper? I'll confess to confusion.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "al.kresse" <water.kresse@...> wrote:

Folks, I'm told that the USRA floated out a proposal for a 100-ton
high
capacity flat car and that it was published in a CBC or journal.
Does
anyone have a copy of the support for the proposal and the GA drwg
or
how detailed it got being floated out for response and later voting?
Or did it even exist?

The C&O, N&W, and Virginian (and maybe Pennsy) were serious about
these
specialized cars built for rotary dumpers.

Al Kresse

water.kresse@...

What journal or magazine is TSC #9 pg 986-987. Where does one buy it, or get a publishable copy of, etc.

Thanks folks,

Al Kresse

From: "al_brown03" <abrown@fit.edu>
What would be loaded on a flat car, that would be removed using a
rotary dumper? I'll confess to confusion.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "al.kresse" <water.kresse@...> wrote:

Folks, I'm told that the USRA floated out a proposal for a 100-ton
high
capacity flat car and that it was published in a CBC or journal.
Does
anyone have a copy of the support for the proposal and the GA drwg
or
how detailed it got being floated out for response and later voting?
Or did it even exist?

The C&O, N&W, and Virginian (and maybe Pennsy) were serious about
these
specialized cars built for rotary dumpers.

Al Kresse

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Al Kresse asked:
"What journal or magazine is TSC #9 pg 986-987."

TSC = Train Shed Cyclopedia, which are excerpts of various Locomotive
and Car Builders cyclopedias reprinted by Newton K. Gregg. These are
generally 80-page paperback books. Though nowhere near as useful as
having the full original CBC volume, they're much easier to find and
are a lower cost alternative if a given TSC has what you need.
Here's a list from railroadtreasures.com:
http://railroadtreasures.com/TrainSheds/Train%20Shed%20Cyclopedias.txt

"Where does one buy it, or get a publishable copy of, etc."

On the whole, these are very common (though some idvidual volumes are
difficult to find) wherever you find railroad paper on sale,
especially at shows as Timonium or Gaithersburg, or from railroad
book dealers.

Ben Hom

water.kresse@...

Ben,

I even have a few in my heep of files in the closet! Thanks,

Al kresse