ATLAS 1932 ARA BOX CAR

joel norman <mec-bml@...>

GENTLEMAN: WHATS THE SKINNY ON THIS CAR? WHATS THE PLUS VS. NEGATIVE??
Joel Norman....

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:42:50 -0000, joel norman wrote
GENTLEMAN: WHATS THE SKINNY ON THIS CAR? WHATS THE PLUS VS.
NEGATIVE?? Joel Norman....
Joel:
Ihave a few of these on order at my local shop. The release date said July.
I am still waiting on mine. I don't think these have been released yet.

Brian Carlson

jonespwr

Atlas is not so good at predicting the arrival date of its products,
but it does do a good job of keeping you informed about how late they
will be. The Atlas web site says the container with the 1932 ARA cars
was shipped August 4 (I assume from China). The Atlas shipping date
and At Dealer date are currently blank. The whole list is at
http://www.atlasrr.com/ordership.htm.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Brian J Carlson" <brian@...> wrote:

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:42:50 -0000, joel norman wrote
GENTLEMAN: WHATS THE SKINNY ON THIS CAR? WHATS THE PLUS VS.
NEGATIVE?? Joel Norman....
Joel:
Ihave a few of these on order at my local shop. The release date
said July.
I am still waiting on mine. I don't think these have been released yet.

Brian Carlson

Bill Schneider <branchline@...>

They have not arrived yet at our distributing warehouse - last I heard was mid-to-late September arrival. I want one or two myself!

There have been several discussions both pro and con on other lists based on the photos posted on Atlas' web site which are likely pre-production. I think its only fair to wait until somebody has their hands on an actual production piece to make any public judgments.

Bill Schneider

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:42:50 -0000, joel norman wrote
> GENTLEMAN: WHATS THE SKINNY ON THIS CAR? WHATS THE PLUS VS.
> NEGATIVE?? Joel Norman....

Joel:
Ihave a few of these on order at my local shop. The release date said July.
I am still waiting on mine. I don't think these have been released yet.

Brian Carlson

Eric Hansmann

--- Stan Jones wrote:

The Atlas web site says the container with the 1932 ARA cars
was shipped August 4 (I assume from China). The Atlas shipping date
and At Dealer date are currently blank. The whole list is at
http://www.atlasrr.com/ordership.htm.
=================================

It looks like this container has arrived. The calendar indicates that
Atlas has started shipping these models today. I am looking forward to
buying a few of these at my LHS.

Eric Hansmann
Morgantown, W. Va.

SUVCWORR@...

In a message dated 9/9/2008 12:51:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
eric@hansmanns.org writes:

--- Stan Jones wrote:

The Atlas web site says the container with the 1932 ARA cars
was shipped August 4 (I assume from China). The Atlas shipping date
and At Dealer date are currently blank. The whole list is at
http://www.atlasrr.com/ordership.htm.
=================================

It looks like this container has arrived. The calendar indicates that
Atlas has started shipping these models today. I am looking forward to
buying a few of these at my LHS.

Just got off the phone with my distributor. He called to tell me these will
ship tomorrow. Means I will have them Monday.

Rich Orr

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

Hope to see some comments soon on the accuracy of these models, so
that I can make an informed purchase (or not) at my LHS.

Steve Lucas.