F&C site

Ian Cranstone

On 18-Sep-08, at 6:19 AM, jerryglow2 wrote:
I think it might have something to do with the use of frames. On a PC
using Mozila/Firefox, I listed the source of the right side of the
page and appended the source URL to the base for their site. For
example
http://www.fandckits.com/HOFreightListByRoadWithDescriptions.html
to view HO by roadname.

Someone on a Mac try this and report here.
Sorry Jerry, it doesn't make any difference whether I navigate to this page from the base URL or directly from the subURL you have given. I just can't get any further at this point with either Safari 3.1.2 or Firefox 3.0. I can't test Internet Explorer on this Mac as the newer Intel machines don't include it anymore (I keep meaning to get a copy from one of my older Macs for this computer), although any Mac version is now somewhat archaic.

Ian Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada
lamontc@nakina.net
http://freightcars.nakina.net
http://siberians.nakina.net

Larry Kline

The F&C web site has never worked correctly on my Mac.

I currently use OSX 10.5.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.4

I also tried Safari 3.1.2.

In both cases I can get to the links to the HO kits but the links don't work.

I have mentioned this to Sharon Funaro several times and she didn't seem very interested.

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Ian Cranstone <lamontc@...> wrote:

Sorry Jerry, it doesn't make any difference whether I navigate to
this page from the base URL or directly from the subURL you have
given. I just can't get any further at this point with either Safari
3.1.2 or Firefox 3.0. I can't test Internet Explorer on this Mac as
the newer Intel machines don't include it anymore (I keep meaning to
get a copy from one of my older Macs for this computer), although any
Mac version is now somewhat archaic.

Tim O'Connor

If you check the archives I already explained that the F&C web site
uses proprietary Microsoft functions that only come with IE.

From: Larry Kline <lndkline@verizon.net>
The F&C web site has never worked correctly on my Mac.

I currently use OSX 10.5.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.4

I also tried Safari 3.1.2.

In both cases I can get to the links to the HO kits but the links
don't work.

I have mentioned this to Sharon Funaro several times and she didn't
seem very interested.

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA

brianehni <behni@...>

This does not include the Macintosh OSX version of IE (5.2.3).

And now that this horse is dead, let's get back to STMFC!

Brian Ehni

From: Larry Kline <lndkline@...>
The F&C web site has never worked correctly on my Mac.

I currently use OSX 10.5.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.4

I also tried Safari 3.1.2.

In both cases I can get to the links to the HO kits but the links
don't work.

I have mentioned this to Sharon Funaro several times and she didn't
seem very interested.

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA

SUVCWORR@...

In a message dated 9/18/2008 10:57:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lamontc@nakina.net writes:

On 18-Sep-08, at 6:19 AM, jerryglow2 wrote:
I think it might have something to do with the use of frames. On a PC
using Mozila/Firefox, I listed the source of the right side of the
page and appended the source URL to the base for their site. For
example
http://www.fandckits.com/HOFreightListByRoadWithDescriptions.html
to view HO by roadname.

Someone on a Mac try this and report here.
Sorry Jerry, it doesn't make any difference whether I navigate to
this page from the base URL or directly from the subURL you have
given. I just can't get any further at this point with either Safari
3.1.2 or Firefox 3.0. I can't test Internet Explorer on this Mac as
the newer Intel machines don't include it anymore (I keep meaning to
get a copy from one of my older Macs for this computer), although any
Mac version is now somewhat archaic.

You can download the latest verion of IE at
_http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/worldwide-sites.aspx?
icid=ie8_asdf123_
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/worldwide-sites.aspx?icid=ie8_asdf123)

Rich Orr

SUVCWORR@...

In a message dated 9/18/2008 9:25:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
allen_282@yahoo.com writes:

I hacked there web page, try here

http://2-8-2.com/FandC-HO-Freight-Car-Kits-classfree.html

Allen Rueter

Allen,

Do realize that you just confessed to a Federal crime in an open public
forum and provided the evidence to convict you? Just a friendly reminder that
sharing how something was obtained is not always a good idea.

Rich Orr

Allen Rueter

Here's what I do to navigate fandckits.com from firefox

1) click on ho scale, so far so good
2) click on freight cars, no problem
3) move to the right to get in the right hand frame, right click
and down near the bottom of menu click on view frame source.
4) use the / (slash) operator to search for the road
5) select the part in quotes from ( href="HOFreight/7080.html" ),
^c (copy)
6) after the http://www.fandckits.com/ paste (^V) , press enter, bingo
(you should end up with http://www.fandckits.com/HOFreight/7080.html)

Allen Rueter

Allen Rueter

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "allen rueter" <allen_282@...> wrote:

Here's what I do to navigate fandckits.com from firefox

1) click on ho scale, so far so good
2) click on freight cars, no problem
3) move to the right to get in the right hand frame, right click
and down near the bottom of menu click on view frame source.
4) use the / (slash) operator to search for the road
5) select the part in quotes from ( href="HOFreight/7080.html" ),
^c (copy)
6) after the http://www.fandckits.com/ paste (^V) , press enter, bingo
(you should end up with http://www.fandckits.com/HOFreight/7080.html)

Allen Rueter

Brian Paul Ehni <behni@...>

YOU ROCK!!!!!
--
Thanks!

Brian Ehni

From: allen rueter <allen_282@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 01:24:57 -0000
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: F&C site

I hacked there web page, try here

http://2-8-2.com/FandC-HO-Freight-Car-Kits-classfree.html

Allen Rueter

Jim & Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

What he probably meant was that he clicked on View / Page Source which
displays the html code for most web pages. My daughter taught me how to do
this when I asked her one too many times, "How do I ...".

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon

allen_282@yahoo.com writes:

I hacked there web page, try here

http://2-8-2.com/FandC-HO-Freight-Car-Kits-classfree.html

Allen Rueter

Allen,

Do realize that you just confessed to a Federal crime in an open public
forum and provided the evidence to convict you? Just a friendly reminder
that
sharing how something was obtained is not always a good idea.

Rich Orr

challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips
and

5:03 PM

Adam & Laura Eyring <eyrings06@...>

One error I noticed - the link for the CGW car takes you to a B&LE boxcar. You can get around this by clicking on the CGW link and changing the number to 6351 in the URL. Hopefully there are no other HTML typos like this.

AME