Mystery caboose

Tim O'Connor

Can anyone identify the logo on the caboose in this
picture?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1137438/g021.jpg

Tim O'Connor

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Tim O'Connor asked:
"Can anyone identify the logo on the caboose in this picture?"
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1137438/g021.jpg

Western Maryland.
http://www.railroad.net/articles/railfanning/northeastcabooses/media/cab
-06.jpg

Ben Hom

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

I wrote:
Western Maryland.
http://www.railroad.net/articles/railfanning/northeastcabooses/media/cab
-06.jpg

Shortened URL provided for those who can't figure out how to cut and
paste broken links into their internet browsers:
http://tinyurl.com/3ob73p

Ben Hom

Bruce Smith

On Sun, September 28, 2008 11:39 am, benjaminfrank_hom wrote:
Tim O'Connor asked:
"Can anyone identify the logo on the caboose in this picture?"
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1137438/g021.jpg

Western Maryland.
http://www.railroad.net/articles/railfanning/northeastcabooses/media/cab
-06.jpg

Ben Hom
Ben

While the hack certainly looks the same, the LOGO/HERALD looks completely
different... Is the image Tim cited a WM herald that I'm not familiar
with?

Regards
Bruce

Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

cj riley <cjriley42@...>

Bruce,

I, too, was skeptical at first, but I think it's just a muddy image. If you look real closely you can make out the double circle with 3 words, as well as 3 lines of words ( Fast Freight Line) in the center. I would agree that it's a WM hack.

CJ Riley

On Sun, September 28, 2008 11:39 am, benjaminfrank_ hom wrote:

Tim O'Connor asked:
"Can anyone identify the logo on the caboose in this picture?"
http://img.villagep hotos.com/ p/2006-1/ 1137438/g021. jpg
Western Maryland.
http://www.railroad .net/articles/ railfanning/ northeastcaboose s/media/cab
-06.jpg
Ben Hom

Ben

While the hack certainly looks the same, the LOGO/HERALD looks completely

different... Is the image Tim cited a WM herald that I'm not familiar

with?

Regards

Bruce

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL

Mark Wallace

This cab really looks like WMRwy #1870 which had the larger WMrwy
logo/herald.

The subsequently posted #1816 sported the smaller size.

The round herald came in two sizes for cabs. Makes mixing and matching
numbers to the correct herald a little challenging when modeling WMRwy
cabs from the steam era.

HTH
Mark

Mark Wallace
Collegeville, PA

On Sun, September 28, 2008 12:52 pm, cj riley wrote:
Bruce,

I, too, was skeptical at first, but I think it's just a muddy image. If
you look real closely you can make out the double circle with 3 words, as
well as 3 lines of words ( Fast Freight Line) in the center. I would agree
that it's a WM hack.

CJ Riley
CJ, Ben,

Yeah, I'll buy that. I just spent some time comparing them, and although
they looked totally different to me, I can now see the WM features.

Neat photo of a loco in transit!

Regards
Bruce

Bruce Smith