NEFF RPM Update

bnpmodeler

Greetings all; pardon the cross-posting; here is the latest update
for the meet; as mentioned, it would be most helpful if you could
send an e-mail to neffrpm@... to let us know you are planning
on attending, so that we can gauge attendance and lunch numbers.

Jim

Northeastern Fallen Flags RPM Meet
October, 11th, 2008, 9AM – 5 PM
LH Taylor Firehouse
High Bridge, NJ

The first annual Northeast Fallen Flags Railroad Prototype Modeling
meet will take place on Saturday, October 11, 2008, at the LH Taylor
Firehouse, 7 Maryland Avenue, High Bridge, NJ 08829. High Bridge is
easily accessible from Interstate 78, NJ Route 22 and 31 and County
Road 513, and is not far from routes 206, 46, I-287 and I-80.

As with all RPM meets, the main focus of this gathering is for
modelers to get together and bring any models they are working on or
have finished, for display and discussion and learning. The model
display is the heart of any RPM meet, so bring your work to show
around. There are plenty of tables set to a comfortable height for
viewing.

Aside from the model display, activities and clinics confirmed
include:

Dave Goessling is preparing a self-guided tour of the High Bridge
area, identifying local railroad and industrial landmarks of
interest; the station, wye, Taylor Wharton plant and railroad, and a
short walk down the branch. There will be a booklet including maps,
photos and postcard views, descriptive text drawn from books,
anecdotes and of course directions. If there's enough interest, Dave
would like to open this walking tour to the general public, so
suggestions, additions and new information is welcome for future
editions!

Paul Tupaczewski: Analysis of the EL/CNJ operations of pool trains ES-
99/SE-98

Jim Harr: Modeling the Lackawanna's Delaware River viaduct in HO
scale, using blue foam and a hot-wire cutting machine

David Ramos: Rail Interaction on the West Side of Manhattan,
discussing the NYC, Erie, and LV operations and modeling

Ralph Heiss will be setting up a display where he will be doing "live
weathering"....Not really a hands-on clinic or presentation as such,
but more of a live demonstration using chalks, airbrushes, and
washes, in order to show the different techniques and how to use the
different mediums to get the result you are looking for, and with
plenty of inspirational photographs of both models and the prototype
to hopefully get people interested in weathering their equipment. It
has been said that a model is only as good as its paint (and
weathering) job!

There will also be prototype model vendors in attendance, and those
currently confirmed to attend include:

Stella Scale Models (laser cut prototype models and accessories in HO)
Shortline Products (Northeastern prototype RR models and parts)
Amesville Shops (Pre-1900 prototype HO scale car models)

Hours are 9 AM until 5 PM, and a pizza and pasta luncheon is planned.
Admission, including lunch, is $15.00 at the door.

We have created a Yahoo! Group for this meet; please visit
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/neffrpm/ to sign up for the latest
news. If you have a presentation or clinic you would like to show, or
would like to inquire about vending, or can volunteer to pick up
commuters at Somerville or Raritan, please contact us at
neffrpm@.... Directions to the Firehouse will be posted on the
Yahoo! site as well.

So that we may have an idea of expected attendance, please send an e-
mail to neffrpm@... to let us know you are planning on
attending,

We hope to see you in October!

Jim Harr