Topics

Alco Models Greenviile Well Hole Flatcar Model

Scott Seders

How accurate is the model? Could someone tell me or point me towards a listings of roads that had these cars?

Thanks,
Scott Seders

Bruce Smith

On Sep 30, 2008, at 9:51 AM, sseders@comcast.net wrote:

How accurate is the model? Could someone tell me or point me towards a listings of roads that had these cars?

Thanks,
Scott Seders
Scott,

A photo would be helpful.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL

__
/ \
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Guys;

The Alco Models well flat I have seen labeled as the "Greenville Well Hole"
looks very much like a PRR F33. It has been ages since I saw one, but that
was what it looked like. I cannot vouch for its accuracy, since I never had
the opportunity to sit down and really examine one. I would also very much
like to see some photos.

Thanks,

Elden Gatwood

________________________________

How accurate is the model? Could someone tell me or point me
towards a listings of roads that had these cars?

Thanks,
Scott Seders
Scott,

A photo would be helpful.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL
<http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/index.pl/bruce_f._smith2>

__
/ &#92;
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

jerryglow2

I thought it resembled a C&O car which was also done as a craftsman
kit by Quality Craft IIRC. F&C makes a one piece resin body kit of
the PRR F33.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Gatwood, Elden J SAD "
<elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Guys;

The Alco Models well flat I have seen labeled as the "Greenville
Well Hole"
looks very much like a PRR F33. It has been ages since I saw one,
but that
was what it looked like. I cannot vouch for its accuracy, since I
never had
the opportunity to sit down and really examine one. I would also
very much
like to see some photos.

Thanks,

Elden Gatwood

Scott Seders

I have uploaded two photos of the Alco Models car in the Photos section of the website. Following is a link:

Scott Seders

From: "jerryglow2" <jerryglow@comcast.net>

On Oct 2, 2008, at 11:53 AM, sseders@comcast.net wrote:

I have uploaded two photos of the Alco Models car in the Photos section of the website. Following is a link:

Scott Seders
Scott,

Yep - sure looks like a PRR F33 flat.

http://prr.railfan.net/freight/freightphotos.html? photo=PRR_470090_F33_MLC1939.jpg&fr=clF33
http://prr.railfan.net/freight/freightphotos.html? photo=PRR_470088_F33_E13620_051142.jpg&fr=clF33
http://prr.railfan.net/freight/freightphotos.html? photo=PRR_470011_F33_E11327_34view.jpg&fr=clF33

Because this car was built by Greenville to a PRR design, it is possible that other railroads used the design as well. Due to the specialized nature of the car, it could be seen anywhere a large load needed to be delivered...

The F33 was covered in TKM #40, which if you have not been downloading, is available on CD from the PRRT&HS. The car is offered in resin in HO by F&C, so that might be the best place to go for decals.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL

__
/ &#92;
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

water.kresse@...

The C&O Greenville 90750-series deep-well flat had 11 vertical ribs on the sides.

Al Kresse

From: sseders@comcast.net