Library of Congress Panoramic Photo Collection

Walter M. Clark

List,

A recent Earthlink e-newsletter had a link to the Library of Congress
collection of panoramic photos, most from the first half of the 20th
century. There are over a hundred railroad images. You can look
around at: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/panoramic_photo/

Time stopped in November 1941
Walter M. Clark
Pullman, Washington, USA

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Walter,

I got into the site and searched under "railroad", coming up with lots of hits. No time to look at very many here at work, but I saw several relating to the Yosemite Valley Railroad, and found one of the depot right here in lil ole Charlottesville, Virginia (which I've seen before). The latter had some interesting freight cars in the distance (mandatory content). Also great shot of Lynchburg with the N&W yards along the James River with hundreds of cars. Sure doesn't look like that now.

Thanks much for calling this to our attention.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Jack Burgess <jack@...>

Garth wrote:
I got into the site and searched under "railroad", coming up with lots
of hits. No time to look at very many here at work, but I saw several
relating to the Yosemite Valley Railroad [snip]
Yes, there are several of the YV and the high resolution scans are good
enough that I used one of them in my book.

Jack Burgess
www.yosemitevalleyrr.com