From: mcindoefalls <mcindoefalls@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: New HO scale 70-ton flatcar
To: STMFC@...
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 3:13 AM

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@ ...>
wrote:

C'mon, guys, get real about prices. I have it on good authority from
a manufacturer who prefers not to be quoted that the cost of
everything in China - molding, assembly, packaging - is going up
rapidly, and gets higher every week. It won't be long before
assembled HO scale freight car models will be selling in the $40-$50
range.
Could there be an upside to this? Such as a possible resurgence of
kits vs. rtr, if assembly starts to cost too much over there?

Walt Lankenau