Seeking Good Phone Numbers for Burg, Bob's Photo, and Paul Dunn

Bob McCarthy

Howdy Ted and all others,

     Thankyou for your assistance and taking the time find correct information on these parties listed below.

     To recap I need good phone numbers and addresses for the following people;

                   Bob's Photo,
                   P.O. Box 209,
                   Farmers, KY 40319          for CofGa Door and a Half Boxcar #6357

                   PH: 606-780-9905  Not working, need number

                   Charles Winters
                   ???
                   Kansas City, KS ????     for CofGa Door and a Half Boxcar #6427

                   PH; Unknown

                   Richard Burg
                   2155 E. Whittemore,
                   Burton, Mich. 48529        for CofGa Door and a Half Boxcar #6715

                   PH:  313-483-8199   Not working, need number

     Let me thank everyone ahead of time for your assistance.

Thanks,

Bob McCarthy

From: Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, October 27, 2008, 4:30 PM

[...]

jim_mischke <jmischke@...>

Several clarifications:

Charles Winters passed away several years ago, and had been in poor
health for some time before that.

His collection went to Lou Marre of Dayton, Ohio. Lou leases the
sought-after freight car collection to Jay Williams of Indianapolis.
Jay Williams (as Big Four Graphics) will probably be at Naperville
and is the readily available source for the Winters photos you seek.
Google around and find Jay's phone number, under Williams or Big Four
Graphics.

The Winters freight car photos were mostly taken by fellow Kansas
City resident Gene Sisk, who was the Chicago, South Shore, and South
Bend Rairoad freight represetative there in the 1950's. Sisk took
his camera while calling on accounts. Winters inherited the Sisk
negs.

Winters himself took little interest in freight cars, but he could
not keep us freight car guys clamoring for prints away. He was
accomodating, and made some good hobby money from printing them up.

Harold Vollrath and Charlie Winters traded copy negatives of their
collections to each other, but this is mostly steam locomotives,
their mutual favorite subject.

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

jim_mischke wrote:
The Winters freight car photos were mostly taken by fellow Kansas
City resident Gene Sisk . . .
That would be GEORGE Sisk.

Harold Vollrath and Charlie Winters traded copy negatives of their collections to each other, but this is mostly steam locomotives, their mutual favorite subject.
Entirely true, but Harold has at least a few of the Winters images. Joe Collias, who was a big help to Charlie in his last days, also has at least prints if not copy negatives of many of the Winters images, including freight cars.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Guys;

Is Dick Kuelbs still providing photos, and if not, who has his collection?

Also, who currently administers Paul Winters' collection?

Thanks,

Elden Gatwood

________________________________

The Winters freight car photos were mostly taken by fellow Kansas
City resident Gene Sisk . . .
That would be GEORGE Sisk.

Harold Vollrath and Charlie Winters traded copy negatives of their
collections to each other, but this is mostly steam locomotives, their
mutual favorite subject.
Entirely true, but Harold has at least a few of the Winters
images. Joe Collias, who was a big help to Charlie in his last days,
also has at least prints if not copy negatives of many of the Winters
images, including freight cars.

<mailto:thompson%40signaturepress.com>
Publishers of books on railroad history

eklundp

Group,

I spoke with Bob a couple of weekends ago at the Timonium Show.
They have moved again, but not so far as last time.

New address & phone:

Bob's Photo
P.O. Box 52
Wallingford, KY 40193
ph: 606-845-3323
email: bobsphoto.train at yahoo dot com

Paul Eklund

Ed Hawkins

On Oct 28, 2008, at 5:46 AM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD wrote:

Is Dick Kuelbs still providing photos, and if not, who has his
collection?

Also, who currently administers Paul Winters' collection?

Thanks,

Elden Gatwood
Elden,
Dick Kuelbs has his slide collection. As can be seen in selected
volumes of RP CYC and the MPHS Eagle publication, Dick has been kind to
share some of his slides with me to support various articles. Many
years ago he loaned his original slides to Al Chione, who in turn
offered duplicates in his slide sets. Virtually everything Al Chione
offered that was photographed during the 1960s at Dallas or Fort Worth
was from Dick.

I've heard that Paul Winters' collection was in the hands of Morning
Sun Books, but this is strictly through the grapevine.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Paul Lyons

Is Al Chione still offering slides?

Paul Lyons
Laguna Niguel, CA

altuna1122 <cinderandeight@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Gatwood, Elden J SAD "
<elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Guys;

Is Dick Kuelbs still providing photos, and if not, who has his
collection?

Also, who currently administers Paul Winters' collection?

Thanks,

Elden Gatwood

Fellow members,
My phone number (for those who were looking for me) is 810 743
1003.
I don't have a phone book for heaven, so I can't help with Paul
Dunn's number. He passed away in the mid 1980's. I own about 1500
of his freight car negatives (and a couple hundred PRR diesel shots
too). I sell prints of the freight cars, so if that is your interest
contact me directly.
Richard Burg

jim_mischke wrote:> > The Winters freight car photos were mostly
taken by fellow Kansas
City resident Gene Sisk . . .
That would be GEORGE Sisk.