Good Car # for an all silver Mathieson example

lnbill <bwelch@...>

I have a photcopy of NX 8845 with a reweight date May 1947 at the Long
Island City yard with what are clearly silver ends in case someone
wants to model this paint scheme. I will try to put outa legit number
for one of these with red ends.

Bill Welch

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Bill Welch wrote:
"I have a photcopy of NX 8845 with a reweight date May 1947 at the Long
Island City yard with what are clearly silver ends in case someone
wants to model this paint scheme."

I assume you mean one of the ex-PRR Class R7 reefers in Mathieson dry
ice service?

"I will try to put outa legit number for one of these with red ends."

NX 8850; photo on page 68 of Morning Sun PRR Color Guide Vol 1.

Ben Hom

Stephen Bishop

Since this just came up, I recently purchased an old Ambroid kit for this car and assumed it was built from a Pennsy R-7 reefer.  The one photo I have says it was bunkerless; will I need to make that change to the kit?

Steve Bishop