Lehigh Valley Roof Walk Help

parkvarieties <parkvarieties@...>

Group,

The Lehigh Valley had a series of steel box cars #61300-61899 built
during the mid-1940's. Can anyone tell me if these cars were built
with wood or metal roof walks? If built with wood, would they have
been changed to metal by the mid-1950's? Thanks.
Frank Brua

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Frank Brua asked:
"The Lehigh Valley had a series of steel box cars #61300-61899 built
during the mid-1940's. Can anyone tell me if these cars were built
with wood or metal roof walks? If built with wood, would they have
been changed to metal by the mid-1950's?"

Your answer is contained in this table which Ed Hawkins made available
online for everyone six years ago:
http://www.steamfreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/1937aarpdfmain.html

Ben Hom

Richard Hendrickson

On Dec 18, 2008, at 10:49 AM, parkvarieties wrote:

The Lehigh Valley had a series of steel box cars #61300-61899 built
during the mid-1940's. Can anyone tell me if these cars were built
with wood or metal roof walks? If built with wood, would they have
been changed to metal by the mid-1950's? Thanks.
Frank Brua

Frank, the LV freight car folio diagram for these cars identifies the
running boards applied when new as Apex steel grid.

Richard Hendrickson

Bill Schneider <branchline@...>

Hmmm.... Well, despite knowing the creator of both that web site and the list personally, I was not available of the existence of that list either.....

Thanks for the link Ben.

Bill Schneider