Seeking photos of Royal Brake Regulators

Mark Heiden

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for photos of the Royal Brake Regulator as used on some
Santa Fe and Burlington boxcars. The cars in question are ATSF 138700-
139199, class Bx-44, and CBQ 17000-17799, class XM-32b. I think I've
found the patent drawings for the brake regulator, but I'd like some
photos to see how they were installed.

Thanks,
Mark Heiden

Richard Hendrickson

On Dec 30, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Mark Heiden wrote:

I'm looking for photos of the Royal Brake Regulator as used on some
Santa Fe and Burlington boxcars. The cars in question are ATSF 138700-
139199, class Bx-44, and CBQ 17000-17799, class XM-32b. I think I've
found the patent drawings for the brake regulator, but I'd like some
photos to see how they were installed.

The brake regulators on the Santa Bx-44s were Royal Type F, and I
have a Bx-44 photo that shows how they were installed which I'll send
you off-list.

Richard Hendrickson

Mark

Mark these are in the Car Builders Cyclopedia 1940 Sec.13 page 1072-1074.

Regards, Mark Morgan

I'm looking for photos of the Royal Brake Regulator as used on some

Santa Fe and Burlington boxcars. The cars in question are ATSF 138700-

139199, class Bx-44, and CBQ 17000-17799, class XM-32b. I think I've

found the patent drawings for the brake regulator, but I'd like some

photos to see how they were installed.

Thanks,

Mark Heiden

te_george316

Mark,

I was up in Seattle last year and took some photos of a reefer (unknown type to me) at the
Snoqualmy(sp?) railroad museum that has a Royal F brake regulator. I posted them in a
folder in the photos section named Royal Brake Regulator but are being approved by the
moderators. There are 4 photos all together. 3 showing up close shots of the device itself
and mounting brackets and one of the reefer. I suppose different railroads mounted them
differently but it seems to be in a fairly standard arrangement.

Best regards,

Tom

--- In STMFC@..., "Mark Heiden" <mark_heiden@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for photos of the Royal Brake Regulator as used on some
Santa Fe and Burlington boxcars. The cars in question are ATSF 138700-
139199, class Bx-44, and CBQ 17000-17799, class XM-32b. I think I've
found the patent drawings for the brake regulator, but I'd like some
photos to see how they were installed.

Thanks,
Mark Heiden

Steve Haas