Steam Era Box Cars Yahoo Group?

SUVCWORR@...

If you look at the message history on the home page of the group, you will
see there have been no messages since Oct. 2004. I think it is pretty safe to
say it is a dead/abandoned group.

Rich Orr

In a message dated 1/5/2009 4:30:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cnjlv@... writes:

Sorry for the off-topic message, but I was wondering if there is anyone
here on this list a member of this group? -
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/steameraboxcars/)

I have submitted my request for membership, but haven't heard anything
in over a week, and thought that maybe someone here who is a group
member could alert the group's owner, or tell me if it's not even worth
my time to wait around to be approved.

Thanks,

Ralph Heiss
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/steameraweathering/

Ralph Heiss

Sorry for the off-topic message, but I was wondering if there is anyone
here on this list a member of this group? -
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/steameraboxcars/)

I have submitted my request for membership, but haven't heard anything
in over a week, and thought that maybe someone here who is a group
member could alert the group's owner, or tell me if it's not even worth
my time to wait around to be approved.

Thanks,

Ralph Heiss
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/steameraweathering/

Mitchell Mercante

Ralph,

My guess is it is inactive.  No messages posted since 2004 (a total of 3 messages that year).

Regards,

Mitch Mercante

Sorry for the off-topic message, but I was wondering if there is anyone
here on this list a member of this group? -
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/steameraboxcars/)

I have submitted my request for membership, but haven't heard anything
in over a week, and thought that maybe someone here who is a group
member could alert the group's owner, or tell me if it's not even worth

my time to wait around to be approved.

Thanks,

Ralph Heiss
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/steameraweathering/

thetrainman00 <thetrainman00@...>

I recently dropped my membership in that group. It sure does seem to be inactive.
,_._,___
Happy Model Railroading,
Jim Krapf
Modeling the CNJ L&S Div from Treichlers to Mauch Chunk during October 1968

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

I recently dropped my membership in that group. It sure does seem to be inactive.<
This group is far from inactive. Looking at my groups I see activity within 7 days is;
4 new members
100 new messages
9 new photos

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Tom Madden <tgmadden@...>

Wrong group, Jon. The stats you cite are for the Steam Era Freight
Cars list. The question was about the Steam Era Boxcars list.

Tom M.

--- In STMFC@..., "Jon Miller" <atsf@...> wrote:

I recently dropped my membership in that group. It sure does seem
to be
inactive.<
This group is far from inactive. Looking at my groups I see
activity
within 7 days is;
4 new members
100 new messages
9 new photos

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Charles Dean

Jon,

I think you are confusing Steam Era Freight Cars (very active) for SteamEraBOXcars (dormant)

Best regards,

Charlie

Charles Dean
Shelbyville, Kentucky

>I recently dropped my membership in that group. It sure does seem to be
>inactive.<

This group is far from inactive. Looking at my groups I see activity
within 7 days is;
4 new members
100 new messages
9 new photos

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Don Burn

If you look at the lead page of the group it also says:

Group for sharing photographs, drawings or other other documentation of steam era railroad box cars, i.e. box cars built before 1960. This is not a discussion group. Members may upload JPEG or GIF photos to the FILES or PHOTO areas. Larger files may be deleted in order to conserve space. When space runs low, files will be removed according to their age (the oldest are deleted first).

Before uploading files, please create a FOLDER for yourself with your name. Then upload your files into your FOLDER. Thanks and enjoy sharing!

So I can see why there are no postings, something about it not being a discussion group!

Don Burn

cnjlv@... writes:

Sorry for the off-topic message, but I was wondering if there is anyone
here on this list a member of this group? -
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/steameraboxcars/)

I have submitted my request for membership, but haven't heard anything
in over a week, and thought that maybe someone here who is a group
member could alert the group's owner, or tell me if it's not even worth
my time to wait around to be approved.

Thanks,

Ralph Heiss
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/steameraweathering/

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3741 (20090105) __________

http://www.eset.com

thetrainman00 <thetrainman00@...>

The group in question isn't the steam era freight car but the steam era box car, which does seem to be dead.

Happy Model Railroading,
Jim Krapf
Modeling the CNJ L&S Div from Treichlers to Mauch Chunk during October 1968

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

Oops! My quick scanning again.

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Tim O'Connor

Thanks Don. It's nice to know at least one person knows
how to read group descriptions.

The "box cars" group was created at a time when Yahoo
was very restrictive on storage space for photos, data
files, etc. There's no reason to delete the group, but
it's still only there for sharing data and photos.

I got my cable service restored today, after losing it
for almost 4 weeks due to an ice storm. Hopefully the
next ice storm won't be so dreadful. Florida is looking
better every day...

Tim O'Connor
Steam Era Box Cars owner