truck type question(s)

Richard Hendrickson

On Feb 16, 2009, at 6:53 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Is this truck a 2DF8 or Type Y?
http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=freight+car
+source:life&imgurl=bde03e089ce39fd6

ARA Type Y, which was, of course, derived from the PRR 2DF8 design.
Richard Hendrickson
Thanks, Richard. Does anyone make an HO model of the Type Y?
I know there's a few versions of the 2DF8 out there. Are they
close enough not to worry about?

I'd say so. The key, visually, is the deep box around the springs.
Kadee has 'em in metal, Bowser in plastic (both with and without coil-
elliptic springs), and Sunshine did some nice die cast metal ones,
(again, both with and without coil elliptic springs).

Richard Hendrickson

Brian Leppert <b.leppert@...>

Tim,

Check out Red Caboose's "2D-F8" truck (there are dashes in these PRR
classes). I think you will find that the side frame matches the Type
Y design, although the detail for the end of the truck bolster is PRR.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

Is this truck a 2DF8 or Type Y?
http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?
q=freight+car+source:life&imgurl=bde03e089ce39fd6

ARA Type Y, which was, of course, derived from the PRR 2DF8 design.
Richard Hendrickson

Thanks, Richard. Does anyone make an HO model of the Type Y?
I know there's a few versions of the 2DF8 out there. Are they
close enough not to worry about?

Tim O'Connor