Underbody Detail Handout

Gene Green <bierglaeser@...>

Will someone who has, or has access to, my handout on underbody detail see if I included the foundation brake gear for a caboose that has a hand brake on each end? If I didn't include that I surely should have.

There was a recent question on that topic and I was about to refer the gentleman to my handout - it is, I understand, available somewhere on the internet - but realized I don't remember whether the answer to his question was in the handout or not.

Can someone tell me how to find my presentation on the internet?

As most of you know my computer (used to be dog in the pre-computer days) ate my homework. At the NMRA convention in Toronto my computer somehow destroyed the presentation before our eyes as I was trying to put on the underbody detail clinic.

I have the intention, if not the git-up-and-go, to revise and reissue the handout. There are some recent new developments that ought to be included even though they are outside the time span of this group. I have found better ways to present some of the information.

Gene Green
Lonely M&StL waif in Santa Fe country

Jack Burgess

Will someone who has, or has access to, my handout on underbody
detail see if I included the foundation brake gear for a caboose
that has a hand brake on each end? If I didn't include that I
surely should have.
I don't see it covered in your handout...

Can someone tell me how to find my presentation on the internet?
It is on the Yahoo site under the Files section. Go to:

and click on Files. If the Files link doesn't seem to get you anywhere,
you'll need to log in (usually, this is automatic)...there is a link on the
left side of the page to allow you to log in if nothing else works. Your
handout is about halfway down the page in the Files section.

Jack Burgess
www.yosemitevalleyrr.com

Douglas Harding <dharding@...>

Gene, I have a copy of your handout, and did the original scan over three years ago. That scan was too large to post or email,
some 32mb in size. It was available for one month on a website which hosted large files, and most members downloaded from that
site. Then we discovered a page had been skipped. The copy in the STMFC files was a bad attempt at reducing the size of the file
using a different program, and it did not do your work justice.

Today I rescanned the handout, using newer technology in better machine. The new pdf file came in at 3.2mb in size, much more
manageable, and readable. I have posted it to the group files and deleted the old file. Look for "Freight Car Underbody
Detail.pdf" in the group files.

Enjoy.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org

Jack Burgess

That is a much better copy Doug...thanks for doing this.

Jack Burgess
www.yosemitevalleyrr.com

Gene Green <bierglaeser@...>

Thanks to Guy Wilbur, Ron Christensen, Jack Burgess, and Doug Harding for responding. It has been a long time since I have seen the handout. It does need some updating and improvements and the photos need to be improved. Can't promise when but my intentions are the best.

Gene Green