RR report marks on FGEX 40' cars

Jerry LaBoda

All this talk of FGEX cars has me wondering... was there any 40' FGEX
lettered cars that carried a railroad's report markings with FGEX
lettering? This became a common practice in the 1960s with cars carrying a
variety of report markings (N&W went so far as to paint insulated cars in
Pevlar blue with dual N&W and FGEX lettering in white... a very attractive
scheme, when clean).
--
jerry
<jmlaboda@...>

I hate getting old... I have learned a lot of things, I just can't remember
much of it anymore.

Passenger Car Photo Index - UPDATED 12/14/08 WITH OVER 6250 NEW LINKS
ADDED!!!
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!

lnbill <bwelch@...>

The is answer not in the era that is the subject and coverage of this group.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., Jerry LaBoda <jmlaboda@...> wrote:

All this talk of FGEX cars has me wondering... was there any 40' FGEX
lettered cars that carried a railroad's report markings with FGEX
lettering? This became a common practice in the 1960s with cars carrying a
variety of report markings (N&W went so far as to paint insulated cars in
Pevlar blue with dual N&W and FGEX lettering in white... a very attractive
scheme, when clean).
--
jerry
<jmlaboda@...>

I hate getting old... I have learned a lot of things, I just can't remember
much of it anymore.

Passenger Car Photo Index - UPDATED 12/14/08 WITH OVER 6250 NEW LINKS
ADDED!!!
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!

Bill is right, although by 1959 (if not sooner) there were
cars with the twin horizontal black stripes lettered RBNX that
had prominent stencils indicating "Leased to" a railroad. I am
looking at a scan of RBNX 81123 that says "Leased to N&W" in
a large stencil block just to the left of the reporting marks.
Within a few years I guess many of these cars were stencilled
for the lessee. (Since no one pays attention to those "return
to" stencils. :-))

Tim O'Connor