From: "Ed Hawkins" <hawk0621@...>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Erie Flats 8000-8049, 8050-8099

On Apr 7, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Brian J Carlson wrote:

Does anyone know what trucks were delivered on the Erie 70 ton flats
in the
8000-8049, and 8050-8099 series. These were 70 ton Greenville cars
built in
941, and 1942. Thanks.
Brian,
70-ton AAR Double Truss with 33" steel wheels.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Andy Carlson

Frank Angsted from Intermountain ordered these trucks for me directly from China. IM will eventually package some and offer them for sale, but in the meantime, these trucks are available from me at $1.75/pair less wheelsets. Shipping charges will apply. I can be contacted at<midcentury@sbcglobal.net>, please off-list. Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

________________________________
Brian and all: Are the InterMountain 70-ton solid bearing trucks available yet as separate parts? There is no part number listing yet at InterMountain' s web site, and I haven't been able to locate them through my usual retailers. Thanks,

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, "Brian J Carlson" <brian@...> wrote:

Thanks Ed, now the million dollar question, Are these similar to the new IM
70 ton truck? Or another HO truck.

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY
On Apr 7, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Brian J Carlson wrote:

Does anyone know what trucks were delivered on the Erie 70 ton flats
in the
8000-8049, and 8050-8099 series. These were 70 ton Greenville cars
built in
941, and 1942. Thanks.
Brian,
70-ton AAR Double Truss with 33" steel wheels.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

leakinmywaders

Andy:

Hi, thanks for this reply. There's another InterMountain item you might be able to help me with. I've been looking for a source for their 7ft wide Improved Youngstown 5/6/6 door (for 10ft 6in IH boxcars). I think they still include this one in the PS-1 kits with 7ft doors, and it used to be separately available in their 40600-52 package of 8ft+7ft doors for the 50ft PS-1, but is no longer on the parts list. John Gilles has pointed out these 7ft InterMountain doors are the closest to ideal for the NP double sliding door 50ft boxcars, which had symmetrical matched doors of right around 7ft 8 in width. I think if you do or could stock these, I could mention it in the NPRHA Modeling Column and drum up some interest among NP buyers. I'd get a bunch.

Also if you have Tahoe's new double truss cast steel sideframe truck and his 30-ton Barber-Bettendorf Swing Motion caboose truck in stock, please let me know prices, as I would like to order a few sets. I would order these either with skinny wheels or without wheelsets. When I get word back, I'll put together an order list, get your postage estimate, and send you a check.

Thanks and best,

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT
cell 406-471-3167

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

Frank Angsted from Intermountain ordered these trucks for me directly from China. IM will eventually package some and offer them for sale, but in the meantime, these trucks are available from me at $1.75/pair less wheelsets. Shipping charges will apply. I can be contacted at<midcentury@...>, please off-list. Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

________________________________

On Apr 7, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Brian J Carlson wrote:

Does anyone know what trucks were delivered on the Erie 70 ton flats
in the
8000-8049, and 8050-8099 series. These were 70 ton Greenville cars
built in
941, and 1942. Thanks.
Brian,
70-ton AAR Double Truss with 33" steel wheels.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

leakinmywaders

My apologies for my previous message going on-list, was meant to send just to Andy.

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT

WILLIAM PARDIE

Andy:

In my haaste to get the order off to you I overlooked the notation
that you supplied wheelsets along with the trucks. please include the
code 88 wheel sets and I will get another check off to you for the
difference.

Thanks:

Bill

On Apr 8, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Andy Carlson wrote:

[...]

Bill, I can supply Tahoe Model Works trucks with code 88 wheelsets. The 70 ton Intermountain trucks I offer only as wheelset-less frame pairs.
-Andy

________________________________

____________ _________ _________ __

On Apr 7, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Brian J Carlson wrote:

Does anyone know what trucks were delivered on the Erie 70 ton
flats
in the
8000-8049, and 8050-8099 series. These were 70 ton Greenville
cars
built in
941, and 1942. Thanks.
Brian,
70-ton AAR Double Truss with 33" steel wheels.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

WILLIAM PARDIE

On Apr 9, 2009, at 6:24 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:

Hi Andy:
Thanks for the prompt reply. (Sorry for the whisper). Please just
send the intermountain trucks
and I'll catch my check.

Your mention of Dan Smith prompted another question. He was going to
do some metal doors for the Detail Associates gondolas. Do you know
if he ever got off the ground on this p;roject?
I had tried to e-mail him but never got a reply.

Thanks again:

Bill

: