WIMP reefer help

Peter Ness

I am not sure if this is within the scope of the group because I an working from an undated photo. Yes, the name intrigues me, and it is photographed in Boston, MA on the New Haven.

Can anyone provide info on this roadname?

Thanks,
Peter

Richard Hendrickson

On Apr 8, 2009, at 6:31 PM, Peter Ness wrote:

I am not sure if this is within the scope of the group because I an
working from an undated photo. Yes, the name intrigues me, and it
is photographed in Boston, MA on the New Haven

I have a photo of GARX 1503, a 36' wood RSM leased to the Wimp
Packing Co., a small packing house in the Chicago area named for its
owner. The reweigh date on the car appears to be 1956, so that
places it well within the STMFC scope. There's no way to know how
many cars General American leased to Wimp, but it was probably only a
small number.

Richard Hendrickson