Errata Site? Re: The growing problem of erroneous captions

Robert John Davis

I have been considering starting a web site for railroad book errata. Obviously, the $50/60/70 slides shows from Morning Sun would lead the parade, but they would have plenty of company.

What I am thinking is a blog format, where each "article" states the book, publisher, author, etc... and then we post "comments" that correct specific errors.

Interested in participating in such a beast?

Rob Davis

Tim O'Connor

And who will correct the corrections?

At 5/21/2009 04:35 PM Thursday, you wrote:
I have been considering starting a web site for railroad book errata. Obviously, the $50/60/70 slides shows from Morning Sun would lead the parade, but they would have plenty of company.

What I am thinking is a blog format, where each "article" states the book, publisher, author, etc... and then we post "comments" that correct specific errors.

Interested in participating in such a beast?

Rob Davis

Frederick Freitas <prrinvt@...>

Rob,

        Members of this list have been reat about pointing out errors, or omissions in text and photo captions. Your idea sounds workable so long as we do not allow attacks on writers, proof readers, etc. After all, any one of us can punch up typo and not catch it. The worst we can do is try, so I'm for it.

Fred Freitas
Bennington, VT

I have been considering starting a web site for railroad book errata. Obviously, the $50/60/70 slides shows from Morning Sun would lead the parade, but they would have plenty of company.

What I am thinking is a blog format, where each "article" states the book, publisher, author, etc... and then we post "comments" that correct specific errors.

Interested in participating in such a beast?

Rob Davis

Scott Pitzer

Some of the books have so many errors, that organization of the corrections/comments would be crucial... otherwise people would have to "wade through" a lot of stuff.
Maybe a separate Yahoo Group for each book? Or some other format where "threads" can be followed.
Scott Pitzer