Rocket Express

Clark Propst <cepropst@...>

I received the email below. Can anyone help to how to contact the Rocket Express guy?

"I've been trying to contact a resin kit manufacturer (CRIP boxcars and a caboose) named Rocket Express for some time now without a response. They mentioned going to Naperville's RPM meet, so I wondered if you knew anything about them - are they still in business?"

Website: http://www.rocketexpress.biz/default.html

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

jerryglow2

I think Ron was at Naperville last fall. At least I thought I talked to him. The URL you give comes up and gives ron@rocketexpress.biz under contacts. If your bud can't figure that out he sure ain't going to build a resin kit.

sad but true
Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Clark Propst" <cepropst@...> wrote:

I received the email below. Can anyone help to how to contact the Rocket Express guy?

"I've been trying to contact a resin kit manufacturer (CRIP boxcars and a caboose) named Rocket Express for some time now without a response. They mentioned going to Naperville's RPM meet, so I wondered if you knew anything about them - are they still in business?"

Website: http://www.rocketexpress.biz/default.html

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

jerryglow2

Sorry my response came out harsh. It wasn't meant to be. I've seen varried problems with contacting Ron. I don't know if he travels or what so keep trying - it's worth it. I have both of his boxcar kits in HO the 40' one assembled and shown at:
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/RI_autobox.html

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "jerryglow2" <jerryglow@...> wrote:

I think Ron was at Naperville last fall. At least I thought I talked to him. The URL you give comes up and gives ron@... under contacts. If your bud can't figure that out he sure ain't going to build a resin kit.

sad but true
Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Clark Propst" <cepropst@> wrote:

I received the email below. Can anyone help to how to contact the Rocket Express guy?

"I've been trying to contact a resin kit manufacturer (CRIP boxcars and a caboose) named Rocket Express for some time now without a response. They mentioned going to Naperville's RPM meet, so I wondered if you knew anything about them - are they still in business?"

Website: http://www.rocketexpress.biz/default.html

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Dave Owens

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 11:18 AM, jerryglow2 <jerryglow@comcast.net> wrote:
Sorry my response came out harsh. It wasn't meant to be. I've seen varried problems with contacting Ron. I don't know if he travels or what so keep trying - it's worth it. I have both of his boxcar kits in HO the 40' one assembled and shown at:
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/RI_autobox.html

Jerry Glow
Ron was at the NE Proto Meet last weekend. I'll see if I can find an
email address for him.
Dave Owens

--
2009 New England/Northeast Prototype Modelers Meet
May 29-30, 2009, Collinsville, CT

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi,

I've found you need to have a lot pf patience when dealing with Rocket Express. He will eventually reply, but it may take a longer time than you expect.

I bought some of his N scale resin kits, they took a long time to arrive but they are nice.

- Claus Schlund

[...]

Frederick Freitas <prrinvt@...>

Claus,

          Anything good is worth waiting for. From the pix that
Jerry posted of his 40' car, I'm impressed enough to order
a couple myself. If it takes 6 months for them to get to me,
that's fine. By then the snow will have returned to Vermont
and it will be building season again. He can't be any slower
than Sunshine's mailings!

Fred Freitas

________________________________
[...]

brianehni <behni@...>

That would be no worse than the seven months I waited for my most recent Sunshine product.

Brian Ehni

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Frederick Freitas <prrinvt@...> wrote:

[...]

Ed Sommer

I bought some Rocket Express cars last year.  Ron answered all emails I sent him, but not promptly, usually about a month or more passed before I received an answer.  The kits I bought took about six months to be delivered but they are very nice and worth the wait.
 Ed Sommer
San Jose, CA

"Education is what you get from reading the fine print. Experience is what you get from not reading it." D. A. Claridge

________________________________
I received the email below. Can anyone help to how to contact the Rocket Express guy?

"I've been trying to contact a resin kit manufacturer (CRIP boxcars and a caboose) named Rocket Express for some time now without a response.  They mentioned going to Naperville's RPM meet, so I wondered if you knew anything about them - are they still in business?"

Website: http://www.rocketexpress.biz/default.html

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Naperville is only 5 months away. That's where I bought my kit
from Ron!

Tim O'Connor

Anything good is worth waiting for. From the pix that

Jerry posted of his 40' car, I'm impressed enough to order
a couple myself. If it takes 6 months for them to get to me,
that's fine. By then the snow will have returned to Vermont
and it will be building season again. He can't be any slower
than Sunshine's mailings!

Fred Freitas

bnpmodeler

Mr. Propst and list;

As Dave Owens mentioned, Ron Von Werder was at the NE Proto meet in Collinsville, CT last weekend. He gave me a card, which states the following for his address:

PO Box 34
Washingtonville, NY 10992

www.rocketexpress.biz

After reading how long it has taken some folks to hear from him, and seeing Mr. Glow's photos, I'm now kicking myself that I didn't pull the trigger and purchase some of his cars right then and there, as I was thinking of doing. Rats!

Jim Harr

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Clark Propst" <cepropst@...> wrote:

I received the email below. Can anyone help to how to contact the Rocket Express guy?

"I've been trying to contact a resin kit manufacturer (CRIP boxcars and a caboose) named Rocket Express for some time now without a response. They mentioned going to Naperville's RPM meet, so I wondered if you knew anything about them - are they still in business?"

Website: http://www.rocketexpress.biz/default.html

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Steve and Barb Hile

I know that Ron brings some to Naperville, when he comes. But he does not bring a huge pile like Martin. I shared some table space with him last year and he was cleaned out of boxcars, fairly quickly.

Regards,
Steve Hile