What shall we do with the Tichy tank car??

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

I know an adaptive use of this model. Cross a full Tichy kit with a certain Red Caboose tank car kit, and you get both a certain "North American" tank car and a CC&F-built CGTX War Emergency tank car. I'll build both sometime.

But are there other uses for this very well-executed orphan model of a car that was never built?? The die work on it is amongst the best that I have seen in plastic models.

Steve Lucas.

Bruce Smith

On Jul 15, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Steve Lucas wrote:

I know an adaptive use of this model. Cross a full Tichy kit with a certain Red Caboose tank car kit, and you get both a certain "North American" tank car and a CC&F-built CGTX War Emergency tank car. I'll build both sometime.
That is not the correct cross-kitting. The correct cross-kitting is to use the Tichy tank on the IM underframe for the USG-A (and CC&F) WWII car, with the IM tank is used with a bashed Tichy underframe for the North American car (Pressed Steel car co). Note that Ted now offers a kitbash in a box for the latter car (http:// www.speedwitch.com/Models/kc103.htm), and Richard Hendrickson wrote it up in Prototype Railroad Modeling Volume One. The USG-A/CC&F bash was written up in RMC, July 2002, by Russ Pinchbeck.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL