From: John Golden <golden1014@yahoo.com>
Subject: [STMFC] Hatch for Red Caboose Meat Reefer
To: rpm-forum@yahoogroups.com, stmfc@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 10:56 AM

Gentlemen,

I finished an HO Red Caboose meat reefer not too long ago and one of the ice hatches seems to have "departed the vehicle".  Would anyone have a spare hatch that you could make available?  The manufacturer is out of parts.  Thank you for your time!

John

John Golden

Bloomington, IN

Andy Carlson

Actually, Intermountain doesn't have Red Caboose, they just are the exclusive provider of RC's RTR line of product, RC remains as a business, and they are still selling to their dealers and direct customers their line of RC KITS and Parts. Intermountain has no parts for Red Caboose items, and can't even supply parts for broken/missing components of the RTR cars. If red Caboose is out of parts, then you will have to be patient or lucky with us STMFC'ers.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

You might want to try intermountain, they have the red caboose now.

Mark Morgan

I finished an HO Red Caboose meat reefer not too long ago and one of the ice hatches seems to have "departed the vehicle". Would anyone have a spare hatch that you could make available? The manufacturer is out of parts. Thank you for your time!

Charles Hladik

John,
Just happen to have a sprue of 4 black metal roof hatches. Don't know
if they are Intermountain or Red Caboose as IU have built both.
Contact me off list with info and I'll mail them to you.
Chuck Hladik
Rutland Railroad
Virginia Division

In a message dated 7/28/2009 10:57:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
golden1014@yahoo.com writes:

Gentlemen,

I finished an HO Red Caboose meat reefer not too long ago and one of the
ice hatches seems to have "departed the vehicle". Would anyone have a spare
hatch that you could make available? The manufacturer is out of parts.
Thank you for your time!

John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

**************A bad credit score is 600 & below. Checking won't affect your
score. See now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823322x1201398723/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgI
D=62&bcd=JulyBadfooterNO62)

Bruce Smith

On Jul 28, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Andy Carlson wrote:

Actually, Intermountain doesn't have Red Caboose, they just are the exclusive provider of RC's RTR line of product, RC remains as a business, and they are still selling to their dealers and direct customers their line of RC KITS and Parts. Intermountain has no parts for Red Caboose items, and can't even supply parts for broken/ missing components of the RTR cars. If red Caboose is out of parts, then you will have to be patient or lucky with us STMFC'ers.
-Andy Carlson
To add to that, I believe that the RC tooling is for sale. I'd love to see someone pick up the R-30-12 and R-30-12-9 and tweak it with separate brake rigging!

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL