Topics

New Richard Hendrickson book on flats, gondolas and hopper cars

Eric Hiser <ehiser@...>

Dear STMFC list:

The Santa Fe Railway Historical & Modeling Society is proud to
announce the seventh book in its Rolling Stock Reference Series: Santa Fe
Open-Top Cars: Flat, Gondola and Hopper Cars 1902-1959 by none other than
this list's own Richard H. Hendrickson. The book is a tremendous overview
of the Santa Fe's flats, gondolas and hoppers (the Santa Fe classed gondolas
and hoppers together as its Ga (or gondola) class, regardless of whether a
gondola or a hopper and regardless of whether covered or not) during the
height of the steam freight car period. As always, Richard does a peerless
job navigating through the many classes and distinguishing between them. A
must read for the aficionado of freights cars and of flats and gondolas in
particular (all Caswell gondola fans-this is YOUR book). The book is 320
pages, 11" x 8-1/2" (horizontal format) with 759 images, coil bound. It is
available from the Society's website, www.atsfrr.net/NewBooks.html, for $55
non-members (plus $5 shipping and handling and California sales tax for
California purchasers).

The Society is also pleased to announce Stan Kistler's Santa Fe
in Black & White, a retrospective of Stan's best Santa Fe action shots hand
selected, printed, proofed and narrated by Stan himself in a large,
coffee-table book format. While many photos are locomotives, there are a
number of full train shots providing a good view of the mix of steam freight
cars on a typical Santa Fe train. This book is 11"x11", coated paper and
varnish photos, case-bound with dust jacket. It is also available from the
Society's website, www.atsfrr.net/NewBooks.html, for $60 non-members (plus
$5 shipping and handling and California sales tax for California
purchasers).

Eric Hiser

Publications Coordinator

Santa Fe Railway Historical & Modeling Society, Inc.

ehiser@msn.com

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

Eric or Steve. I give up how do I check out with my two books?

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time stopped in 1941
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Steve SANDIFER

Go to
http://atsfrr.net/NewBooks.html
and buy them. Is it not working for you?

J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
mailto:steve.sandifer@sbcglobal.net
Home: 12027 Mulholland Dr., Meadows Place, TX 77477, 281-568-9918
Office: Southwest Central Church of Christ, 4011 W. Bellfort, Houston, TX
77025, 713-667-9417
Personal: http://www.geocities.com/stevesandifer2000/index
Church: http://www.swcentral.org