Decals help

roblmclear <rob.mclear2@...>

Hi to all

I am trying to find out wether or not decals are available for the early Swift refrigerator car schemes in the yellow, specifically for the scheme with the red/white banner logo on the right side of the car. These are the schemes that pre-date the red overall car. I am looking for a supplier in N scale, does anyone know of anything out there.

Thanks
Rob McLear
Brisbane
Australia.

Bob McCarthy

Howdy!

Well my designer may shoot me, but we could produce it in S and shrink it for you.
If you have no luck finding current decals, we can assist you.

Thanks,

Bob McCarthy
THE SUPPLY CAR, LLC
thesupplycar@...

--- On Tue, 9/1/09, roblmclear <rob.mclear2@...> wrote:

Subject: [STMFC] Decals help
To: STMFC@...
Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 3:02 AM

Hi to all

I am trying to find out wether or not decals are available for the early Swift refrigerator car schemes in the yellow, specifically for the scheme with the red/white banner logo on the right side of the car. These are the schemes that pre-date the red overall car. I am looking for a supplier in N scale, does anyone know of anything out there.

Thanks
Rob McLear
Brisbane
Australia.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Rob McLear wrote:
I don't know of decals, Rob, but Clover House makes the dry transfers for this scheme.

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Richard Hendrickson

On Aug 31, 2009, at 8:02 PM, roblmclear wrote:

Hi to all

I am trying to find out wether or not decals are available for the
early Swift refrigerator car schemes in the yellow, specifically
for the scheme with the red/white banner logo on the right side of
the car. These are the schemes that pre-date the red overall
car. I am looking for a supplier in N scale, does anyone know of
anything out there.
Clover House has the artwork for dry transfers, and in the past has
offered many of its transfer sets in N scale.

Richard Hendrickson

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Richard Hendrickson wrote:
Clover House has the artwork for dry transfers, and in the past has offered many of its transfer sets in N scale.
I just checked Clover House's Catalog 12 (downloadable on the web at their site) and though nearly all Swift schemes ARE offered in N scale, this particular one is not. But if I were looking for it, I'd ask Russ Clover if there is any chance of getting an N scale version made. Russ is winding down the business so he can retire, but has always been a most helpful individual, so it's worth a try.

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...
Publishers of books on railroad history