From: "jjgotrox" <railgoat@bellsouth.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:54:06 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [STMFC] CofG Covered Hoppers

Does anyone know the builder or build date of CofG 1340-1349 and 1350-1374? I believe them to be products of AC&F, but I can't be sure.

Lee A. Gautreaux - The RailGoat
http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/

Ed Hawkins

On Sep 20, 2009, at 7:54 AM, jjgotrox wrote:

Does anyone know the builder or build date of CofG 1340-1349 and
1350-1374? I believe them to be products of AC&F, but I can't be sure.
Lee,
CG 1340-1349, AC&F lot 2597, built 9-44
CG 1350-1374, AC&F lot 3664, built 1-52

There were 4 other series of similar cars built by either
Pullman-Standard or General American from 1940 to 1953. All were
numbered from 1300 to 1474. Pullman built 115 of the cars and GATC
built 25.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Tim O'Connor

There is a 1970 photo of CG #1314 in Wayner's Freight Car Pictorial
that shows it with 6 hatches that open towards the B end, with a built
date of 1940. I don't know if this is the original configuration or if
it was rebuilt.

Railmodel Journal 10/1991 has a roster w/ CG cars and a builder's photo
of CG #1340.

Tim O'Connor

Does anyone know the builder or build date of CofG 1340-1349 and
1350-1374? I believe them to be products of AC&F, but I can't be sure.
Lee,
CG 1340-1349, AC&F lot 2597, built 9-44
CG 1350-1374, AC&F lot 3664, built 1-52

There were 4 other series of similar cars built by either
Pullman-Standard or General American from 1940 to 1953. All were
numbered from 1300 to 1474. Pullman built 115 of the cars and GATC
built 25.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Lee Gautreaux

Ed, Jim and Tim,

Thanks for the assistance. I think I've covered all of the CofG's covered hoppers:

http://tinyurl.com/lhbhvu

It is now on to the coal hoppers and wood chip hoppers. What about the 151-250 6-bay wood chip hoppers?

Lee A. Gautreaux - The RailGoat
http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/

On Sep 20, 2009, at 7:54 AM, jjgotrox wrote:

Does anyone know the builder or build date of CofG 1340-1349 and
1350-1374? I believe them to be products of AC&F, but I can't be sure.
Lee,
CG 1340-1349, AC&F lot 2597, built 9-44
CG 1350-1374, AC&F lot 3664, built 1-52

There were 4 other series of similar cars built by either
Pullman-Standard or General American from 1940 to 1953. All were
numbered from 1300 to 1474. Pullman built 115 of the cars and GATC
built 25.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Tim O'Connor

Lee

Thanks for creating the web page. A minor typo on the main page, you list

<http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/other_cars/cg_cars/cg_number/001425-001474.htm>CofG 1424-1475 1958 ft3 PS (lot 8134) 10/1953
<http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/other_cars/cg_cars/cg_number/001475-001499.htm>CofG 1474-1499 2003 ft3 PS (lot 8318D) 8/1956

It should be 1424-1474 and 1475-1499

Tim
<http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/other_cars/cg_cars/index>

Ed, Jim and Tim,

Thanks for the assistance. I think I've covered all of the CofG's covered hoppers:

http://tinyurl.com/lhbhvu

Lee Gautreaux

Tim,

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up. That's funny, I hardly ever make tpyos.

Lee A. Gautreaux - The RailGoat
http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/

Lee

Thanks for creating the web page. A minor typo on the main page, you list

Misc Clark

Lee, nice site... good info! You have some coding errors on the photo links,
though...
Clark Cone

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 9:03 PM, jjgotrox <railgoat@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Tim,

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up. That's funny, I hardly ever make tpyos.

Lee A. Gautreaux - The RailGoat
http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/

Lee

Thanks for creating the web page. A minor typo on the main page, you list

Lee Gautreaux

Clark,

I believe the problem was with the rrpicturearchive server, as it is working now and I didn't change anything.

I'm glad you enjoyed the site. I wish that more people would "adopt" a railroad's freight car fleet and maintain pages for that road. I'd be glad to teach anyone that wants to learn as well as host the pages.