Topics

IM flat cars

Schuyler Larrabee

Thanks, Bruce (and Brian Carlson, off list).

SGL

On Wed, September 23, 2009 8:57 pm, Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
Hi,

I've been away for a while, close to a month. When I left, the new IM flat cars
were the subject of
heavy discussion, mostly related to the excessive thickness of the applied deck.
Mine arrived, and
I can see what it was all about. So, my question is, can someone summarize what the
best/simplest/most effective/least hassle solution was or is? There was discussion
of removing the
deck and sanding it thinner, and someone was mooting a replacement deck of the right
thickness.
What is effective?
Schuyler,

I posted that removing the deck and the tape holding it on and sanding it worked great.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

Database version: 6.13330

Bruce Smith

[...]

My efforts with the search function were not particularly useful

SGL
La vita e breve, mangiate prima il dolce!

Database version: 6.13330