Topics

1900 Stuyvesant Docks Yard Photo - New Orleans

Lee Gautreaux

I just had to cross post this from the LRMRG list. It is a great photo of an IC steam switcher with lots of neat freight cars in the background. Along with lots of ICRR cars, I see the end of a GH&SA car as well. Thanks to Tony Howe for posting.

Lee A. Gautreaux - The RailGoat
http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/

Guys,

There's a great early photo of Illinois Central's Stuyvesant Docks Yard in New
Orleans with an 0-6-0 and crew on Shorpy at

http://www.shorpy.com/node/6855?size=_original

Tony Howe

Schuyler Larrabee

Tony, the first car on the third track from the left was once a LaBelle Woodworking kit. I built
one when I was about 15, and it's the first time I've seen a photo of the model. Still have it, and
it's held up well all these years. Nice to see if it had a real prototype and that it's pretty
close.

SGL

http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/ <http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/>

Guys,

There's a great early photo of Illinois Central's Stuyvesant Docks Yard in New
Orleans with an 0-6-0 and crew on Shorpy at

http://www.shorpy.com/node/6855?size=_original <http://www.shorpy.com/node/6855?size=_original>

Tony Howe

Database version: 6.13350

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tony, the first car on the third track from the left was once a LaBelle Woodworking kit. I built one when I was about 15, and it's the first time I've seen a photo of the model. Still have it, and it's held up well all these years. Nice to see if it had a real prototype and that it's pretty close.
I'm no expert on LaBelle, but every kit of theirs that I've looked into was authentic.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Schuyler Larrabee

I wrote:

Tony, the first car on the third track from the left was once a
LaBelle Woodworking kit. I built one when I was about 15, and it's
the first time I've seen a photo of the model. Still have it, and
it's held up well all these years. Nice to see if it had a real
prototype and that it's pretty close.
I'm no expert on LaBelle, but every kit of theirs that I've
looked into was authentic.

Tony Thompson
That's been my impression. Geez, I was a little spaced out this afternoon (up late last night) when
I wrote that. Obviously, I meant it was the first time I'd seen a photo of the PROTOTYPE!

SGL

Database version: 6.13350