SI flat car

Tim O'Connor

Anyone have a photo or know where I could see a 1950's vintage
photo of this Spokane International flat car?

http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=47664

Tim O'Connor

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tim O'Connor wrote:
Anyone have a photo or know where I could see a 1950's vintage photo of this Spokane International flat car?

http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=47664
Best part of the photo is probably the good view of deck color and weathering, but a close second is the dirty and "yellowed"-looking lettering, except of course for the renewed weight data. A nice effect to reproduce.

Publishers of books on railroad history

StephanP <sparachuk@...>

Anyone have a photo or know where I could see a 1950's vintage
photo of this Spokane International flat car?

http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=47664

Tim O'Connor
Great photo Tim. The weathering is really good. Now I'd like to see the giant fork on a flat car that did that embankment in the back.

Stephan Parachuk
Toronto

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

Anyone have a photo or know where I could see a 1950's vintage
photo of this Spokane International flat car?

http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=47664

Tim O'Connor

That's a model, right??? Look at the track spikes in the foreground.

Or am I the last one to catch on.....

Tom Madden

Ed Hawkins

On Sep 28, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Anyone have a photo or know where I could see a 1950's vintage
photo of this Spokane International flat car?

http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=47664

Tim O'Connor
Tim,
According to ACF paint specs for lot 3525, series SI 5001-5025, built
6-51, they were painted black with white stencils. Red and gold were
used on a small railroad medallion located between the road name and
car number. It was covered by the consolidated dimensional data on the
car in the photo.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tom Maddens wrote:
That's a model, right??? Look at the track spikes in the foreground.

Or am I the last one to catch on.....
IF so, Tom, the air hoses at left are certainly superb models. Likewise the see-through crossover platform and brake step at right.

Ed Hawkins wrote:
According to ACF paint specs for lot 3525, series SI 5001-5025, built 6-51, they were painted black with white stencils. Red and gold were used on a small railroad medallion located between the road name and car number. It was covered by the consolidated dimensional data on the car in the photo.
Probably this car was painted from the same specs, but the car number, 5045, lies outside the cited series.

On Sep 28, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

Ed Hawkins wrote:
> According to ACF paint specs for lot 3525, series SI 5001-5025,
> built 6-51, they were painted black with white stencils. Red and
> gold were used on a small railroad medallion located between the
> road name and car number. It was covered by the consolidated
> dimensional data on the car in the photo.

Probably this car was painted from the same specs, but the car
number, 5045, lies outside the cited series.
Tony and Tim,
Oops - sorry, my goof. The ACF order for lot 3525 was 75 cars, series
SI 5001-5075. Time to get new bifocals!

I checked the 1/52 ORER, and interestingly the book lists 75 cars in
series 5001-5076. Don't know why the numbers go to 5076.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Ed Hawkins wrote:
Tony and Tim,
Oops - sorry, my goof. The ACF order for lot 3525 was 75 cars, series SI 5001-5075. Time to get new bifocals!

I checked the 1/52 ORER, and interestingly the book lists 75 cars in series 5001-5076. Don't know why the numbers go to 5076.
Maybe a typo. In the Jan. 53 ORER, it says 5001-5075, 75 cars.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Dennis Storzek

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "pullmanboss" <tgmadden@...> wrote:

Anyone have a photo or know where I could see a 1950's vintage
photo of this Spokane International flat car?

http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=47664

Tim O'Connor

That's a model, right??? Look at the track spikes in the foreground.

Or am I the last one to catch on.....

Tom Madden
Tom,

Those "spikes" are rail anchors.

Dennis

Tim O'Connor

Thanks for the help. Yet another car to search for in Bob's
collection when I get to Naperville!

Tim O'