Archer rivets

Thomas Baker

I recall from reading past posts that a few members of the list have tried Archer fine transfer rivets. I ordered some but shy away from using them. The rivets are so close together that it would be easy to damage a row and require purchase of additional sheets to complete a small project.

Does someone on the list have a recommendation of a cutting tool and any special cutting technique?

Tom

Tim O'Connor

scissors?

I recall from reading past posts that a few members of the list have tried Archer fine transfer rivets. I ordered some but shy away from using them. The rivets are so close together that it would be easy to damage a row and require purchase of additional sheets to complete a small project.

Does someone on the list have a recommendation of a cutting tool and any special cutting technique?

Tom

Thomas Baker

The rows of rivets look way too close together for a scissors.

Tom

I recall from reading past posts that a few members of the list have tried Archer fine transfer rivets. I ordered some but shy away from using them. The rivets are so close together that it would be easy to damage a row and require purchase of additional sheets to complete a small project.

Does someone on the list have a recommendation of a cutting tool and any special cutting technique?

Tom

rdietrichson

Thomas,
I use very sharp scissors with good results. Also the use of Future Floor Acrylic assures good adhesion.
Rick Dietrichson
Wilmingto, NC

I recall from reading past posts that a few members of the list have tried Archer fine transfer rivets. I ordered some but shy away from using them. The rivets are so close together that it would be easy to damage a row and require purchase of additional sheets to complete a small project.

Does someone on the list have a recommendation of a cutting tool and any special cutting technique?

Tom

Robert kirkham

Tom, what set do you have? Are you looking at the tank car rivet set? If so, they have rows very close together on purpose, as the intent is that you don't separate them. In other words, they are intended to be a double row.

Rob Kirkham

The rows of rivets look way too close together for a scissors.

Tom

Brian Carlson <brian@...>

The newer HO sets have been easy to cut with a sharp x-acto. I don't have
any of the earlier multi-purpose sets.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

Tom, what set do you have? Are you looking at the tank car rivet set? If
so, they have rows very close together on purpose, as the intent is that you

don't separate them. In other words, they are intended to be a double row.

Rob Kirkham

tchenoweth@...

Can someone furnish me the website to order the Archer Rivets? I have been
unable to find them. Thanks, Tom Chenoweth

tchenoweth@...

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much. Tom

Michael McAnally