Topics

Sunshine errata list

Jim & Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

OK, this might be an idea worth following up on. I am a terrible
procrastinator so this may or may not come to fruition. I propose a list
composed of the following. I would start off with something about the fact
that parts problems may be (probably are) one box errors but if you have
this kit you may want to check your box. Then follow it up with a list
containing this...
Kit #
Kit Description
Reported by
Date reported
Confirmed by (optional) (required if reporting instruction/PDS error?)
Text about problem with possible link to prototype photo.

I wasn't thinking about this list when the 'floor problem' thread started so
I might be missing something but so far I have...
Kit 85.1, L&N boxcar, wrong floor
X29B, wrong doors
CMO USRA rebuild, wrong sides.

If or when someone has a problem to report, I think it would be better to
send it to the group for possible discussion/filtering before I add it to
the list.

Comments?

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

tmolsen@...

Jim,

An errata list as you have proposed is a great idea! Your suggestion to continue to filter problems through the list membership is also a good idea to continue as it gets wide circulation.

My post, however received, and Tim O'Connor's suggestion helped to bring about a place that some of us with large numbers of unbuilt kits can check when a problem is posted regarding a kits contents. Errors or omissions are part of life and those who provide us with the kits we buy are just as prone to problems as the rest of us. I have the greatest respect for those who provide us with the best equipment that has been made in this hobby and will continue to add to the pile of kits that I already have from Al, Martin, Ted, and the other major urethane kit makers!

Thanks for your assistance!

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479
(302) 738-4292
tmolsen@...

gn3397 <heninger@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Jim & Lisa Hayes" <jimandlisa97225@...> wrote:

I wasn't thinking about this list when the 'floor problem' thread started so
I might be missing something but so far I have...
Kit 85.1, L&N boxcar, wrong floor
X29B, wrong doors
CMO USRA rebuild, wrong sides.

If or when someone has a problem to report, I think it would be better to
send it to the group for possible discussion/filtering before I add it to
the list.

Comments?

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com
Jim,
I would not waste my time trying to keep track of isolated packaging errors, as such a list would not be useful in my opinion. A list of verified errors in the accuracy of the castings themselves would be useful, in my opinion, as would any "how I fixed it" information that is available.

For anyone who still cares, the "wrong sides" in my CMO USRA rebuild kit were the 1950s rebuild versions with Superior doors, when I had ordered the earlier versions with Youngstown doors. Really, not a big deal at all. It isn't as if I received a set of PFE reefer sides in my boxes.

Is anyone else as excited for Naperville as I am? The new NYC rebuilds look sweet!

Sincerely,
Bob Heninger
Iowa City, Iowa

Dennis Williams

Jim.
  I will be glad to help if needed.

Dennis Williams
Munhall,Pa.
www.resinbuilders4u.com

OK, this might be an idea worth following up on. I am a terrible
procrastinator so this may or may not come to fruition. I propose a list
composed of the following. I would start off with something about the fact
that parts problems may be (probably are) one box errors but if you have
this kit you may want to check your box. Then follow it up with a list
containing this...
Kit #
Kit Description
Reported by
Date reported
Confirmed by (optional) (required if reporting instruction/ PDS error?)
Text about problem with possible link to prototype photo.

I wasn't thinking about this list when the 'floor problem' thread started so
I might be missing something but so far I have...
Kit 85.1, L&N boxcar, wrong floor
X29B, wrong doors
CMO USRA rebuild, wrong sides.

If or when someone has a problem to report, I think it would be better to
send it to the group for possible discussion/filterin g before I add it to
the list.

Comments?

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits. com

Tim O'Connor

Yes they do look sweet... better get in line early, I think those
will go fast!