From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:44 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Railroad Car Squeezer

While I have an idea that this is an apparatus for packing freight into a
box car, can anyone tell me exactly what a "railroad car squeezer" is?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Tim O'Connor

Hmmmm. Great Northern had a device at Minot that basically was a
drop-down gate that was at the level of a flat car deck .. then a
loaded flat car was pushed into the gate, which shoved the shifted
load of lumber back into a neat arrangement. I wouldn't call it a
squeezer but...

Tim O'Connor

While I have an idea that this is an apparatus for packing freight into a box car, can anyone tell me exactly what a "railroad car squeezer" is?
Thanks.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Paul <buygone@...>

Tim:

What you are referring to is a load shifter. There was one located in
Taylor Yard here at LA also.

Paul C. Koehler

_____