From: ed_mines <ed_mines@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Mon, Aug 24, 2009 11:44 am
Subject: [STMFC] freight car kit discounts

Anyone know somewhere which discounts Atlas 1932 box cars?

Has F&C recently been offering 2 for one at shows?

Any of the other resin manufacturers having sales?

Ed

Andrew Miller <aslmmiller@...>

As far as I know F&C always offers 2 for 1 at show and by mail throught their flyer.

regards,

Andy Miller (who will be running F&C PRR MP54s at the North Shore Model RR Club Open house this week end)

Anyone know somewhere which discounts Atlas 1932 box cars?

Has F&C recently been offering 2 for one at shows?

Any of the other resin manufacturers having sales?

Ed

Allen Cain <allencain@...>

Ed,

I got my Atlas 1932 Box Cars from Al D'Elia at Eastern Classic RR for $22
just a month or so ago. I believe the MSRP is $32.95 on these? IF so, the
discount is 33%.

His email is: ecmr2@...

Phone: (877) 250-1833

I have been buying from Al through the mail for over 10 years and find him
to be an honest man.

And as is the case with most discounters who are not a "brick-and-mortar"
shop, forget about anything coming out of Horizon Hobbies being discounted
which includes Athearn and now Proto2000 or Walthers products.

Allen Cain

ed_mines

I recently bought 7 for the price of 3 from them through the mail.

Ed

--- In STMFC@..., "Andrew Miller" <aslmmiller@...> wrote:

As far as I know F&C always offers 2 for 1 at show and by mail throught their flyer.

regards,

Andy Miller (who will be running F&C PRR MP54s at the North Shore Model RR Club Open house this week end)
Anyone know somewhere which discounts Atlas 1932 box cars?

Has F&C recently been offering 2 for one at shows?

Any of the other resin manufacturers having sales?

Ed

Mark

I just placed an order at F and C for ten kits, five are free and free shipping!

Mark