Missing Links

Bill Welch

For those of us modeling RR's east of the Mississippi River, I suggest the following in styrene.

The most numerous wood sheathed MDT reefer (I think it is classified as the Type 4 by Roger Hinman)

The ubiquitous AAR standard offset hopper done in a way that permits production of the various ends and sides.

The PRR K8 stock car with ends permitting the L&N and I believe ACL versions (I have not unpacked all of my photo albums but I know at least two railroads duplicated the Pennsy's Pratt truss stock car side configuration)

InterMountain do the Insulated Tank for their ACF Type 27 Underframe.

Someone offer photo-etched dome platforms for the ACF Type 27 8K and decals for the cars with these platforms.

I echo the desire for UTLX and GATC tank cars

Bill Welch

Frederick Freitas <prrinvt@...>

List,

          Pat Harris in Atlanta has started a group to address the modeler's most requested items to be sent to interested manufacturers. The group is;
www.HOMMAG@yahoogroups.com; it is inteded to be a forum that can be sent to the indiviual manufacturer for specific items. With this, we may resolve the "missing links" issues by bringing them to the attention of the right folks. Can't hurt to try.

Fred Freitas

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Bill Welch wrote:
InterMountain do the Insulated Tank for their ACF Type 27 Underframe.

Someone offer photo-etched dome platforms for the ACF Type 27 8K and decals for the cars with these platforms.
This is an outstanding suggestion and there have been rumors in the past that IM was considering this. I really don't know why they haven't done it, since it would get them into some colorful paint schemes, always popular with the average modeler. And the rest of us could REALLY use a good styrene ICC 104.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Tim O'Connor

Bill Welch wrote

Someone offer photo-etched dome platforms for the ACF Type 27 8K and
decals for the cars with these platforms.
Sounds like a great idea for a mini-kit Bill! (Several,
if the platforms come in different styles.)

How about a mini-kit to build a replace underframe (with
open grid walks) for the ATLAS 11k hi pressure tank car?

Tony

An even better suggestion for Intermountain would be to toss
their awful Type 27 underframe and start over! :-) But IRC is
loathe to fix a model once it's in production.

Tim O'Connor

Someone offer photo-etched dome platforms for the ACF Type 27 8K
and decals for the cars with these platforms.
This is an outstanding suggestion and there have been rumors in
the past that IM was considering this. I really don't know why they
haven't done it, since it would get them into some colorful paint
schemes, always popular with the average modeler. And the rest of us
could REALLY use a good styrene ICC 104.

Tony Thompson