Topics

Oil Distributor and Wine Tank Cars

Rod Miller

This photo on eBay

http://tinyurl.com/ygyqql9

has a couple of interesting aspects.

For Gordon who was asking about oil distributors, it
shows a portion of the Standard Oil distributor's
facility.

Directly behind the loco are at least two (the
center two) wine tank cars. The dome diameter on
the fourth car indicates wine - see

http://users.snowcrest.net/photobob/sj23.html

It isn't possible
to see if the first car has additional domes. I
suspect all four are a block of wine cars. If
someone knows where I can find out more about wine
transport by rail (beyond Jim Lancaster's Chateau
Martin site and what has been discussed here
previously), I'd appreciate them letting me know.

Rod

W.R.Dixon

Rod Miller wrote:
This photo on eBay
http://tinyurl.com/ygyqql9
has a couple of interesting aspects.
For Gordon who was asking about oil distributors, it
shows a portion of the Standard Oil distributor's
facility.
Directly behind the loco are at least two (the
center two) wine tank cars. The dome diameter on
the fourth car indicates wine - see
The first car behind the tender looks to be a three dome car converted from a single dome car. Notice the large center dome and the two smaller domes flanking that.

The second car appears to be the same.

The third card is a six dome wine car.

The fourth car appears to be a single dome car of the same kinship as the first two cars.

Bill Dixon

Steve SANDIFER

Found this in Eureka, Kansas. What is it?
J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
mailto:steve.sandifer@sbcglobal.net