From: "rockroll50401" <cepropst@netconx.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 12:11 PM
Subject: [STMFC] New models was Re: Naperville

The new B&O WT box car is a real piece of work. I hesitated to buy one, because I'd like to shed my Sunshine and F&C models first. Besides the flat door was not available with this first batch of kits. I thought the SAL gon was a real beauty too and may yet buy one.

Come to Trainfest in Milwaukee in a couple weeks and maybe sell me a couple kits <VBG>

I also bought the new Tangent Gon. I was very tempted to buy the undec and order some of the Archer rivets to make a different class car. Anyone else have this idea? I picked up my RP Cyc from Ed at the show which has an article on these cars. I saw Ed presentation too, which gave me the idea. Are there decals that will work for these cars?

Clark Propst

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Clark;

>The new B&O WT box car is a real piece of work. I hesitated to buy one,
because I'd like to shed my Sunshine and F&C models first. Besides the flat
door was not available with this first batch of kits. I thought the SAL gon
was a real beauty too and may yet buy one.

The M-53?

Come to Trainfest in Milwaukee in a couple weeks and maybe sell me a couple
kits <VBG>
I also bought the new Tangent Gon. I was very tempted to buy the undec and
order some of the Archer rivets to make a different class car. Anyone else
have this idea?

I had that same idea, but you should see all the rivets!

I picked up my RP Cyc from Ed at the show which has an article on these
cars. I saw Ed presentation too, which gave me the idea. Are there decals
that will work for these cars?

You can do either PRR G31C or G31E using an undec and bashing the ends on the
latter. Middle Division had several sets that could be used. The Champ sets
are not so good. You could also use Al Westerfield's sets, with some mods.

Elden Gatwood

seaboard_1966

The new B&O WT box car is a real piece of work. I hesitated to buy one,
because I'd like to shed my Sunshine and F&C models first. Besides the flat
door was not available with this first batch of kits. I thought the SAL gon
was a real beauty too and may yet buy one.

The M-53?
Yes, WrightTRAK showed a brand new tooled M53/M53A. This is THE most accruate B&O wagontop car done to date. IT will be featured on the front page of our website starting tomorrow, when Gary gets home. Retail price is 49.95 with a 5% discount for 3 cars and a 10% discount for 5 or more cars. Shipping is going to be a flat $6.50 up to 5 cars. The decals for the car were done with the assistance of the B&O Historical Society and cover the life span of the car. Also, watch for a flat panel and a Creco door in the near future.

Denis Blake
Marketing Director
WrightTRAK Railroad Models, LLC

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

Eldon, yes the new B&O model in the M53. If there are a ton of rivets on the other class of Tangent gon, I guess I'm glad I chose the RTR gondola then. I was just thinking of putting a row on each side to the side stakes. One doesn't thnk clearly Saturday morning in the sales room : )
Thanks for the Pennsy decal advice.
Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Gatwood, Elden J SAD " <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Clark;

>The new B&O WT box car is a real piece of work. I hesitated to buy one,
because I'd like to shed my Sunshine and F&C models first. Besides the flat
door was not available with this first batch of kits. I thought the SAL gon
was a real beauty too and may yet buy one.

The M-53?

Come to Trainfest in Milwaukee in a couple weeks and maybe sell me a couple
kits <VBG>
I also bought the new Tangent Gon. I was very tempted to buy the undec and
order some of the Archer rivets to make a different class car. Anyone else
have this idea?

I had that same idea, but you should see all the rivets!

I picked up my RP Cyc from Ed at the show which has an article on these
cars. I saw Ed presentation too, which gave me the idea. Are there decals
that will work for these cars?

You can do either PRR G31C or G31E using an undec and bashing the ends on the
latter. Middle Division had several sets that could be used. The Champ sets
are not so good. You could also use Al Westerfield's sets, with some mods.

Elden Gatwood

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

The new B&O WT box car is a real piece of work.
Clark, back where I grew up that comment was invariably delivered with a head shake and was never meant as a compliment. I assume you mean it positively in this case??

Tom Madden

Scott Pitzer

I figured "WT" stood for Wagon Top. Or maybe it means Wright-Trak. Or from Tom's perspective, it could mean Wasted Time?
Somehow "a work of art" is still a compliment while "a real piece of work" became an insult, some time ago.

You know with these kids today... if they say a car is "bad" they mean "good"! (Sounds like a 1970 episode of "Here's Lucy"...)

Scott Pitzer

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "pullmanboss" <tgmadden@...> wrote:

The new B&O WT box car is a real piece of work.
Clark, back where I grew up that comment was invariably delivered with a head shake and was never meant as a compliment. I assume you mean it positively in this case??

Tom Madden

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

My wife always asks "Don't you think before you speak?" I always say "Yeah, how'd you think I came up with that?" Anyway, I some have chosen my words better.
Thanks, Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "pullmanboss" <tgmadden@...> wrote:

The new B&O WT box car is a real piece of work.
Clark, back where I grew up that comment was invariably delivered with a head shake and was never meant as a compliment. I assume you mean it positively in this case??

Tom Madden

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

Geesh, this is the last time I open my mouth...er...push my figures on behalf of anyone <VBG>
Will be glad to see you there. Hope you have the flat panel doors then.
Anyone want a couple assemmbled WTs (Wagon Tops)?
Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Denis F. Blake" <dblake7@...> wrote:

Clark

We will indeed be at Trainfest, can we hold you to your word? <G>

Thanks for the comments on our new products, they did extremely well for us.

See you guys at Trainfest.

Denis Blake
The new B&O WT box car is a real piece of work. I hesitated to buy one,
because I'd like to shed my Sunshine and F&C models first. Besides the
flat door was not available with this first batch of kits. I thought the
SAL gon was a real beauty too and may yet buy one.

Come to Trainfest in Milwaukee in a couple weeks and maybe sell me a
couple kits <VBG>

I also bought the new Tangent Gon. I was very tempted to buy the undec and
order some of the Archer rivets to make a different class car. Anyone else
have this idea? I picked up my RP Cyc from Ed at the show which has an
article on these cars. I saw Ed presentation too, which gave me the idea.
Are there decals that will work for these cars?

Clark Propst

07:51:00

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

"I some have chosen my words better"

Wow! I'm going to throw the shovel out and just sat in this hole I've dug! : )

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "rockroll50401" <cepropst@...> wrote:

My wife always asks "Don't you think before you speak?" I always say "Yeah, how'd you think I came up with that?" Anyway, I some have chosen my words better.
Thanks, Clark Propst
--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "pullmanboss" <tgmadden@> wrote:

The new B&O WT box car is a real piece of work.
Clark, back where I grew up that comment was invariably delivered with a head shake and was never meant as a compliment. I assume you mean it positively in this case??

Tom Madden

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

Clark Propst:
"I some have chosen my words better"

Wow! I'm going to throw the shovel out and just sat in this hole I've dug! : )
Clark, perhaps this isn't the day to start scratchbuilding that Z scale Shay.

Tom Madden

culturalinfidel9 <djmiller@...>

I'm interested in both of these kits but they don't appear to be on the WrightTrak website yet. Anyone have photos?

Dan Miller

[...]

Bruce Smith

On Nov 2, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Denis F. Blake wrote:
Yes, WrightTRAK showed a brand new tooled M53/M53A. This is THE most
accruate B&O wagontop car done to date. IT will be featured on the front
page of our website starting tomorrow, when Gary gets home. Retail price is
49.95 with a 5% discount for 3 cars and a 10% discount for 5 or more cars.
Shipping is going to be a flat $6.50 up to 5 cars. The decals for the car
were done with the assistance of the B&O Historical Society and cover the
life span of the car. Also, watch for a flat panel and a Creco door in the
near future.

Denis Blake
Marketing Director
WrightTRAK Railroad Models, LLC
Folks,

I was blown away by the fact that the model is set up to allow the Duryea underframe to WORK! (if the modeler choses to do so) I think that is an HO scale production first - isn't it?

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL

__
/ &#92;
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

You called it Tom. I tried to build a Sylvan trailer and the little hand car we were given and screwed both up badly! So, I went to my daughters to fix an eve trough and fell off the ladder....I sat and watch TV last night....
Clark Propst