Illinois Central Reefers was Re: Naperville

Bruce Smith

On Nov 2, 2009, at 11:33 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

And I'd like to add Stan Rydarowicz as an emerging resin kit maker
Stan has kits for PFE, IC, FGE/WFE/BRE, and NP reefers, as well as
some kitbash kits. And many detail parts too.
I'd like to ask a question about Stan's Illinois Central reefers. I tried to search the archives, but "IC" and "Reefer" get you every entry with "ice" and few folks actually spell out Illinois Central ;^)

I picked up two IC kits, the series 50000-50229 and 50300-50499. Stan indicated that these were built in 1938 and 1941 respectively. My ORER indicates 229 and 200 cars respectively, reporting marks "IC".

Can anyone provide more information, and perhaps an indication of where I might find some photos? The directions with the kits have no prototype information and little to none on what accessories these cars had. I'd also love to know what color to paint them ("yellow"?) and if there are any decals currently available (Stan indicated that Jim Singer might be releasing some).

BTW, these kits are resin sides and ends or just resin sides (depending on the car) that fit an IM reefer "core" and are available with or w/o fans (I went w/o)

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL

__
/ \
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

Bill Welch

My memory is that Sunshine did an IC steel reefer. Martin does sell decals and his PDS would be a source for paint scheme and photos.

Bill Welch

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

My memory is that Sunshine did an IC steel reefer. Martin does sell decals and his PDS would be a source for paint scheme and photos.

Bill Welch
Yes, the one I have is kit #46.18, "IC Steel Reefer, Sq. Ends, 1937-50s Decals". Colors are "yellow-orange sides, black ends, black underframe, silver-gray roof and IC green lettering, herald and side sill striping". The 300 delivered in 1937 had square corner ends, the 200 from 1940 had "W" corner ends.

Tom Madden

John Hile

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

tried to search the archives, but "IC" and "Reefer" get you every
entry with "ice" and few folks actually spell out Illinois Central ;^)

I picked up two IC kits, the series 50000-50229 and 50300-50499.

Can anyone provide more information,

Bruce,

A while back I plowed through the archives looking for info on the IMRC R-40-10 IC Reefer, and made notes that info was available at the following message #s: 26216, 26226, 26260, 67836

Hope this is helpful,

-John Hile

Jim & Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

I currently have a link to a PDF of Stan's kits and parts list on the Links
page of my Sunshine website. Soon, maybe within a month, I'll have an
updated list with pictures of his models. Stan is like Martin Loftin and
doesn't have a computer. If Stan is doing a model of something that Sunshine
has already done, it's because he believes there's something wrong with the
Sunshine kit,

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com