Topics

Looking for a Sunshine Mini-kit

pierreoliver2003 <pierre.oliver@...>

Hello all,
I'm looking for 2-3 of the Sunshine Mini-Kits #4.
For converting a P2K 50' into a Wabash Auto car.
I neglected to ask Martin about these last weekend. They were originally a gift, so I don't know if they're still available from Sunshine.
Contact me off list please.
Pierre Oliver

Jim & Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

Pierre, since the Wabash auto car was a Naperville gift way back in 1999,
it's very unlikely Sunshine would've had any on its mini-kit rack. Last week
I talked with Tricia a bit about mini-kits. Sometimes someone gives them
some masters. Sometimes someone says "If you take the doors from this and an
end from that and put them on a plastic boxcar, you have a great model of a
whatever." So then when he has time, Martin makes a few castings, has a
minimum number of decals printed and 'presto', a mini-kit is born. Note the
words few and minimum. Tricia says they don't make much, if any, money on
mini-kits and ,in almost every case, when they're gone, they're gone.
Although I have seen an occasional one pop up again. So, it's unlikely
you'll find one but hope springs eternal. Keep checking that mini-kit rack.
And eBay.

And, to reiterate for those few who don't already know this, mini-kits can't
be ordered. They're sold only at shows Sunshine attends, and the selection
is constantly changing.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

pierreoliver2003 <pierre.oliver@...>

I was pretty sure it is as you described, thus I'm throwing myself at the mercy of my fellow listers in the hopes of turning up a couple of those particular mini-kits.
Hope springs eternal.
Pierre Oliver

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Lisa Hayes" <jimandlisa97225@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian Carlson

I'm fairly certain, I saw this kit on their rack at Naperville. At least I did look at a Wabash 50' steel boxcar mini-kit, maybe they have others.
Brian Carlson

[...]

I list two other Wabash mini-kits. On, from 2004, is for an 82000-82513 rebuild. The other, from 2008, is an auto service USRA clone rebuild.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

mopacfirst

You're right, they were there and I picked up a couple of them. I've since found I can get two cars out of one (hint: one is not a Wabash car) so I might have one surplus. Contact me offlist.

Ron Merrick