Topics

Train Fest

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

There are plenty on good modelers there too. Al said he only brought one or two of his Milwaukee Road gondolas and sold them right away. Guess you got to know the market.
Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Jim King" <jimking3@...> wrote:

My hunch is that Milwaukee's Train Fest is targeted toward the general
public with very little to attract modelers interested in resin kits. At
least that's what I've heard since last year. Some year, I'll be at
Naperville too but not until I've expanded my HO offerings since that is the
main interest.

Jim King

Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.

<http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com>

Al and Patricia Westerfield <westerfield@...>

We attended one year. Sales weren't worth a return. - Al Westerfield

There are a number of small kit manufacturers at TrainFest and, while the Great Unwashed do attend, it is an important event for diehard Model Railroaders.
While it doesn't have the exclusive focus of people that already do resin kits that the prototype modeler events do, it is not focused on beginners by any means..... and since many of those guys already have all the resin kits it might be advantageous to get a table. There are displays by serious modelers, and increasingly has supplanted the old RICHTA / iHobby "International" show as an important show for Model Railroad Manufacturers. It is on the order of the Springfield, MA show (and I've been told the Oklahoma City one as well although I've never been to that one to compare myself).
Charlie Vlk
Railroad Model Resources

[...]

Jim & Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

And Jim, how about mini-kits from Smoky Mountain?

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com