Topics

Morton running boards

Barry Roth

Were all running boards made by Morton of the round-hole type? In other words, when I see reference to a particular series of cars having "Morton running board," am I safe in using a round-hole product such as the Plano rb?

At the moment I'm working with an ATSF Bx-44 boxcar, but it would be useful to know the answer in general terms. Thanks,

Barry Roth

Ed Hawkins

On Nov 13, 2009, at 3:15 PM, Barry_Roth wrote:

Were all running boards made by Morton of the round-hole type? In
other words, when I see reference to a particular series of cars
having "Morton running board," am I safe in using a round-hole product
such as the Plano rb?

At the moment I'm working with an ATSF Bx-44 boxcar, but it would be
useful to know the answer in general terms. Thanks,

Barry Roth
Barry,
Yes. Morton running boards and brake steps all had holes. See my
article about all types of running boards in RP CYC Vol. 16 (shameless
plug).
Regards,
Ed Hawkins