Swift Reefers

Charles Etheredge

Guys, I have found where Sunshine produced kits for the Swift reefers....and they still show as available. Question? What is the difference between the "5200"series and the "6700" series kits? Length?

Charles Etheredge

Jim Hayes

Go to the Flyers by RR link on my website to find flyers for all the
Sunshine Swift reefer kits. Reading the flyers should answer your questions.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:05 PM, nativetexan <ceth512@earthlink.net> wrote:

Guys, I have found where Sunshine produced kits for the Swift
reefers....and they still show as available. Question? What is the
difference between the "5200"series and the "6700" series kits? Length?

Charles Etheredge

Douglas Harding <dharding@...>

Charles, Sunshine resin kits are the only accurate HO Swift meat reefers for the period you mentioned.

For the time period: Red Caboose makes an accurate plastic model of a Mather meat reefer. Atlas has a nice plastic model based
upon a Cudahy car from 1925. To move further from accuracy, the MDC 36' old time reefer or the Varney (LifeLike) 37' wood reefer
can be kitbashed into generic wood meat reefers.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org

Charles Etheredge

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Jim Hayes <jimhayes97225@...> wrote:

Go to the Flyers by RR link on my website to find flyers for all the
Sunshine Swift reefer kits. Reading the flyers should answer your questions.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com
Thanks Jim. I did look at your website but wasn't aware of the "Flyers" link. That answered my questions.
Looks like I will have to order a couple of Sunshine kits.

Thanks guys for the info.

Charles Etheredge