Accurail cars

Jared Harper

Seems like I remember someone making a list of Accurail cars and their prototypes or lack thereof. I looked in the files section, but don't spot one. Can anyone guide me?
Jared Harper
Athens, GA

StephenK

It is message 31616. I bookmarked it!

Steve Kay

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "almabranch" <harperandbrown@...> wrote:

Seems like I remember someone making a list of Accurail cars and their prototypes or lack thereof. I looked in the files section, but don't spot one. Can anyone guide me?
Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Marty McGuirk

Steve,.

When I locate 31616  I get a message about N&W H2A hoppers.

Marty

StephenK

Sorry about that--it is message 31616 in the Modern Freight Cars List. I subscribe to both.

Steve Kay

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@...> wrote:

Steve,.

When I locate 31616  I get a message about N&W H2A hoppers.

Marty

James Fellows

Could you repost it to this site?

Thanks,

Jim Fellows

Sorry about that--it is message 31616 in the Modern Freight Cars List. I subscribe to both.

Steve Kay

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@...> wrote:

> Steve,.
>

> When I locate 31616Â I get a message about N&W H2A hoppers.
>

> Marty

Mark

I searched the yahoo group messages and found this:

http://home.comcast.net/~kantz1/open_hoppers.html

Sincerely, Mark Morgan

Sorry about that--it is message 31616 in the Modern Freight Cars List. I subscribe to both.

Steve Kay

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@. ..> wrote:

Steve,.

When I locate 31616Â I get a message about N&W H2A hoppers.

Marty

Michael Aufderheide

I've tried to round up a list of prototypes (or near matches) of
current Accurail models, derived from various sources on the WWW.
Here is my list: any improvements, additions, corrections & comments
are appreciated -- especially for those models appropriate for
discussion on the STMFC list.
Thanks, everyone for your comments to update the list. Here's an
updated list. I've also included the original descriptions for the
models which have been updated, in case anyone wishes to comment on
the accuracy of the changes made to the descriptions.

#2300 Canton Car Co. Great Northern Twin Hopper
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/2300.htm
GN 73000-73099 built 1929 and GN 73100-73199 built 1930 by Canton Car
Co, Canton, OH

#2400 USRA Coal Hopper
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/2400.htm
Original USRA design (year?).

#2700 55-Ton Wood Side Twin Hopper
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/2700.htm
NKP 30000-30749, built 1918

#2800 55-Ton Panel Side Twin Hopper
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/2800.htm
USRA rebuilds by Union Metal Products. SLSF, RI, others.

#3400 PS-1 Boxcar
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/3400.htm
Amalgam of PS-1 details: Roof 1947-50, eight foot door 1951+, ends
1951-53, side sills 1954+.

#3500 40' AAR Single Door Boxcar
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/3500.htm
1944 AAR standard design, 10'-6" height, R/3/4 late improved
dreadnaught ends. Resemble ACF boxcars built circa 1955 to 1961 for
SOO, D&M, T&P (with full-length side sills), CB&Q and C&S.

#3600 40' AAR Double Door Boxcar
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/3600.htm
Cars built by GN, ca. 1956. Roof and fishbelly side sills of GN
3000-3499 built 1955 and the sides and double 6' doors of GN 3500-3999
built in 1956.

#3700 41' AAR Steel Gondola
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/3700.htm
1941 AAR design built for ACL and GM&O.

#4100 40' Outside Braced Boxcar - wood doors and wood ends
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/4100.htm
CN 500500-503499 cars built 1923, also AC and GTW.

#4300 40' Outside Braced Boxcar - wood doors and metal ends
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/4300.htm
GTW 1 1/2 door auto cars rebuilt with single doors after reassignment
to CN.

#4500 40' Outside Braced Boxcar - metal doors and metal ends
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/4500.htm
USRA based.  What Roads???

#4600 USRA Double Sheath Wood Boxcar
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/4600.htm
USRA double sheathed

#4700 40' Wood Stock Car
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/4700.htm
Great Northern 56050-56248, built in 1957 from wooden boxcars
constructed in 1919. The model has Murphy 5/5/5 rib ends; some
prototype cars had these ends and others had Murphy 6/7 ends.

#4800 40' Wood Refrigerator Car
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/4800.htm
BREX 75000-75999 built 1926, rebuilt without ice hatch platforms c. 1950.

#5000 50' Single Door Riveted-Side Boxcar
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/5000.htm
ACF 12 panel boxcar- SP and MP. (Branchline did the more common 16
panel sides.)

#5200 50' Double Door Riveted-Side Boxcar
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/5200.htm
Close to SP class B-50-36 and B-50-38, with some work on the side sills.

#5700 50' Welded-Side Single Door Boxcar
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/5700.htm
???

#7000 6-Panel Outside Braced Boxcar with wood ends
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/7000.htm
Closest match are several groups of IC cars built in the early
twenties by Haskel & Barker, Western Steel Car Co, and ACF.

#7100 6-Panel Outside Braced Boxcar with Dreadnaught ends
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/7100.htm
IC 176000 - 176999, built in 1927 by Pullman.

#7500 70-Ton Offset-Side Triple Hopper
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/7500.htm
AAR standard of 1935. Production of the prototype cars began in the
late 1930s and continued until at least 1960.
____
Mark

I searched the yahoo group messages and found this:

http://home. comcast.net/ ~kantz1/open_ hoppers.html

Sincerely, Mark Morgan

Sorry about that--it is message 31616 in the Modern Freight Cars List. I subscribe to both.

Steve Kay

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@. ..> wrote:

Steve,.

When I locate 31616Â I get a message about N&W H2A hoppers.

Marty

Dennis Storzek

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Mike Aufderheide <mononinmonon@...> wrote:

Thanks, everyone for your comments to update the list. Here's an
updated list. I've also included the original descriptions for the
models which have been updated, in case anyone wishes to comment on
the accuracy of the changes made to the descriptions.
Mike, here's my additions / corrections:

#2400 USRA Coal Hopper
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/2400.htm
Original USRA design (year?).
1918

#2700 55-Ton Wood Side Twin Hopper
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/2700.htm
NKP 30000-30749, built 1918
The prototype PRR H31A; production H31B's were were similar.

#4100 40' Outside Braced Boxcar - wood doors and wood ends

#4300 40' Outside Braced Boxcar - wood doors and metal ends

#4500 40' Outside Braced Boxcar - metal doors and metal ends
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/4500.htm
USRA based. What Roads???
No, not USRA, but the GTW door 1 1/2 door rebuilds after receiving new doors.

#4800 40' Wood Refrigerator Car
http://www.accurail.com/accurail/4800.htm
BREX 75000-75999 built 1926, rebuilt without ice hatch platforms c. 1950.
Re roofing possibly sates earlier.

Also:

#5600 Exterior post 50' Boxcar
http://accurail.com/accurail/5600.htm
Common ACF Plate B car from the sixties.

#7700 AAR Offest Side Twin Hopper
http://accurail.com/accurail/7700.htm
AAR Standard.

Dennis Storzek