Tahoe Model Works latest HO 50T truck

Andy Carlson

I am pleased to be able to offer the latest Tahoe Model Works HO 50 Ton truck. This is arguably the most used of his entire line in the prototype world. This is his 9th offering to date.

I am sure that Brian will make his notice to this list shortly, though I will summarize the users:

1920s to the late 1930s
ATSF B&O CB&Q CNCP CV CoG C&NW C&EI ERIE DL&W GTWIC MP NP RI SL-SF SP T&NO T&P UP and WP. Also PFESFRD

Brian informs me that these trucks were used extensively as replacements for earlier- defect prone trucks such as the PFE's T-section.

Prices from me are $5.25/pair with either code 88 or fat wheels.
Sideframes less wheelsets w/ brake beams are $3.00/pair

I still have a good selection of trucks 001-008 with and w/o wheelsets.

Shipping is based on actual charges. I do accept PayPal, and I still welcome personal checks.As before, I can be contacted off-list (please) at <midcentury@sbcglobal.net>
Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA
805 646 3334

Bill Welch

Dear Andy:

I have never had any business courses but as a consumer I have always found it handy to know what it is I am purchasing, that is, mentioned in a non cryptic way rather than having to do research to find out what I am being asked to buy.

Just a thought.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

[...]

brianleppert@att.net

Bill,

The newest HO offering is a Barber Lateral Motion 50-Ton Truck. I'll try to make a full announcement later today, but in the meantime I can e-mail the flyer. If anyone is interested please contact me OFF-LIST at

brianleppert@att.net

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "lnbill" <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Dear Andy:

I have never had any business courses but as a consumer I have always found it handy to know what it is I am purchasing, that is, mentioned in a non cryptic way rather than having to do research to find out what I am being asked to buy.

Just a thought.

Bill Welch

Greg Martin

All,

I will have a copies of Brian's order sheet at Cocoa Beach for those interested. Likely I will leave them with Stan (at his table) so you don't have to seek me out specifically and they don't end up as Coasters for the Coffee and Cookies when served... 3^)

Greg Martin

The newest HO offering is a Barber Lateral Motion 50-Ton Truck. I'll try to make a full announcement later today, but in the meantime I can e-mail the flyer. If anyone is interested please contact me OFF-LIST at

brianleppert@att.net

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "lnbill" <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Dear Andy:

I have never had any business courses but as a consumer I have always found it handy to know what it is I am purchasing, that is, mentioned in a non cryptic way rather than having to do research to find out what I am being asked to buy.

Just a thought.

Bill Welch

Paul Lyons

Hi Andy,

I got the "flyer" and my answer from Brian as to the truck prototype. Looks like it was a big replacement truck under SP B-50-15 and 16 boxcars. Since this was a big Sunshine seller, not to mention CIL, there is a real need for these things. Please give a dozen sets, w/o wheels to start. Total with shipping?

Merry Christmas!
Paul

[...]

Sorry List, and Mike,

That was suppose to be off list to Andy.

Paul Lyons

[...]

Hello Paul,
Add $2.00. I figure that by all rights, this should be Brian's best selling truck.

Andy Carlson
111 S Encinal Ave
Ojai CA 93023

805 646 3334

I will mailing after the first. Thanks,
-Andy

[...]

My carelessness had me replying to what I thought was a PM. Please accept my apologies, and let me take some more of your bandwidth to wish everyone well.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA